Belize question...

hookedoncruises12

Looking for some good ideas as to what to buy while in Belize. I know Cozumel is tequila, Roatan is wooden bowls, cigars and coffee, Grand Caymen is cigars and big Black Dick Rum! What does Belize have to offer?? :confused:

Wow! I can't believe no one has any suggestions for Belize. :(

I do. Within the port area there is a loom shop with beautiful fabrics made in Belize. I recently purchased a table runner. They have all types of products in the shop and they are of excellent quality. They also have quite a bit of wooden highly polished bowls and othe items. I have done a bit of holiday shopping in this store:)

One Barrel Rum, Kuknat coconut rum and carved wood. The rum is cheap at the port. Buy the carved wood items away from the port from the locals. You can usually negotiate on the price.

1 Barrel has not been available on the ship. I've also checked St. Thomas, Grand Turk, Cozumel, and Roatan with no luck. I think a liter is around $9.00. My 1.75 liter bottle from last years trip is marked $16.00. My Kuknat (coconut rum) is marked $9.00. The wood stuff will start high and come down as you appear to be loosing interest. Negotiate to what you would like to pay or combine items for a better price for the package. When are you going? I'm suppose to board 7/23. If the thruster problem on the Dream is solved, we plan to visit Belize. I'll be glad to check some prices for you if we make that port, I'll have about an hour to shop.

1 Barrel has not been available on the ship. I've also checked St. Thomas, Grand Turk, Cozumel, and Roatan with no luck. I think a liter is around $9.00. My 1.75 liter bottle from last years trip is marked $16.00. My Kuknat (coconut rum) is marked $9.00. The wood stuff will start high and come down as you appear to be loosing interest. Negotiate to what you would like to pay or combine items for a better price for the package. When are you going? I'm suppose to board 7/23. If the thruster problem on the Dream is solved, we plan to visit Belize. I'll be glad to check some prices for you if we make that port, I'll have about an hour to shop.

Thats very nice of you 1barrel. We will be going in December 11,2011. Can't wait to sail. LOL I really appreciate your offer to check prices for me. Thanks so very much. :)

as far as wood, I am interested in buying some wooden bowls. As far as the rum I am very interested in any info you can give me. :D DH and I love rum and are always willing to try a new one. :o:o

Thats very nice of you 1barrel. We will be going in December 11,2011. Can't wait to sail. LOL I really appreciate your offer to check prices for me. Thanks so very much. :)

as far as wood, I am interested in buying some wooden bowls. As far as the rum I am very interested in any info you can give me. :D DH and I love rum and are always willing to try a new one. :o:o

You can find 1 barrel, 3 and 5 barrel at most stores in Belize city. The prices sound right. Also look for "Travelers" rum. It is a bit cheaper. I use it for making rum cakes.

For drinking I prefer "Caribbean " rum. The cost is in the middle of the others.

Looking for some good ideas as to what to buy while in Belize. I know Cozumel is tequila, Roatan is wooden bowls, cigars and coffee, Grand Caymen is cigars and big Black Dick Rum! What does Belize have to offer?? :confused:

Prescription drugs...kidding but you do see plenty of pharmacies as soon as you get ashore

My son and I love hot sauce. We put it on just about everything. LOL Exactly how hot is Marie Sharp's hot sauce and how much is it? :)

They range from Mild to "BEWARE"...My favorite is the gold label

"FIERY HOT"

You will find it all over.. In the Tourist Village you will pay around $5 us for a small bottle..If you visit a store in The city you can get a larger bottle for less.

[/url] MILD

sauce_01.jpg HOT

sauce_02.jpg FIERY HOT

sauce_08.jpg NO WIMPS ALLOWED

sauce_10.jpg BELIZEAN HEAT

sauce_03.jpg BEWARE

They range from Mild to "BEWARE"...My favorite is the gold label

"FIERY HOT"

You will find it all over.. In the Tourist Village you will pay around $5 us for a small bottle..If you visit a store in The city you can get a larger bottle for less.

MILD

sauce_01.jpg HOT

sauce_02.jpg FIERY HOT

sauce_08.jpg NO WIMPS ALLOWED

sauce_10.jpg BELIZEAN HEAT

sauce_03.jpg BEWARE

Nice! Thanks for the pics. Which one is your favorite?

I want to buy some wood stuff...not sure what, but something. I've seen the wood things on TV and it's so pretty. I'd like to know where a good place to buy is. Some people have said in the port area, others have said outside the port. How far outside the port? I really don't want to go the Caulkers Cay. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, This is my first chance to post since we got back. One Barrel .750 litre, $10.00. Kuknat .750 litre, $9.00. 1 Barrel 1.75 litre, $16.00. I saw wood bowls for $30.00. Slate carvings for $20.00-$30.00. Duty is about $2.85 per litre on anything over your limit. I came back 10.75 liters over. I met with a Customs Officer at 7:00 AM prior to disbarkment and settled up. No problem.

Ok, This is my first chance to post since we got back. One Barrel .750 litre, $10.00. Kuknat .750 litre, $9.00. 1 Barrel 1.75 litre, $16.00. I saw wood bowls for $30.00. Slate carvings for $20.00-$30.00. Duty is about $2.85 per litre on anything over your limit. I came back 10.75 liters over. I met with a Customs Officer at 7:00 AM prior to disbarkment and settled up. No problem.

Good job. The key to US customs is not to lie to them. People are scared of customs. Most time with 4 ltrs they will wave you thru.

You are awesome 1barrel!! Thanks so very much for the update! Prices seem decent. Were you looking in the port area or outside the port? What exactly is Kuknat? You have my curiosity up. LOL :confused: Also is there a limit to how much alcohol you can bring back from the Western Caribbean?

Archived