Mistake?

cyclenut

We haven't finished our first DCL and we just booked our second cruise on DCL. I've read so much about booking onboard and all sorts of others things, but we had a date and didn't want to lose it.

We've just paid the deposit. The cruise is 7 night Eastern Caribbean aboard the Fantasy in June. Too late now, but did I just make a costly mistake?!

we are in the same boat going on our first DCL cruise in 2 months but already booked the 2nd one which is in 2012 because it's a repo where suites were already sold out by this Spring.....

so what is a "bounce back offer"? I figured we'd just go on board and explain to the booking person to see how we can keep the date and still get the 10% or so off on the 2nd cruise?

We haven't finished our first DCL and we just booked our second cruise on DCL. I've read so much about booking onboard and all sorts of others things, but we had a date and didn't want to lose it.

We've just paid the deposit. The cruise is 7 night Eastern Caribbean aboard the Fantasy in June. Too late now, but did I just make a costly mistake?!

Actually win/win.-onboard you get 10%off current price and the deposit is cut in half

Look on board and see if they can better your price, if they can cancel and rebook, either way you get the best price.

Prices go up, so booking early maybe better than waiting and booking on board, Fantasy is increasing costs by the day, Dream is nearly sold out all year, with high occupancy figures being reported. IE since coming into service basically full each cruise with an average of three people per cabin.

Actually win/win.-onboard you get 10%off current price and the deposit is cut in half

Look on board and see if they can better your price, if they can cancel and rebook, either way you get the best price.

Prices go up, so booking early maybe better than waiting and booking on board, Fantasy is increasing costs by the day, Dream is nearly sold out all year, with high occupancy figures being reported. IE since coming into service basically full each cruise with an average of three people per cabin.

Hey that sounds kinda cool. I can talk to them on-board and if there is a better price, they'll give it to me? We booked this as a category 11B and for some of the dates in June 2012 the only thing left is Verandah at almost twice the cost.

The original plan was Hawaii but we don't have the time to take a cruise there (minimum 14 day) and the one NCL ship that island hops is getting mixed reviews lately. This cruise on board the Fantasy is actually going to be cheaper. If I can get an even better rate on board next month ... !

Any other tips about who/what/how I should ask would be appreciated.

Hey that sounds kinda cool. I can talk to them on-board and if there is a better price, they'll give it to me? We booked this as a category 11B and for some of the dates in June 2012 the only thing left is Verandah at almost twice the cost.

The original plan was Hawaii but we don't have the time to take a cruise there (minimum 14 day) and the one NCL ship that island hops is getting mixed reviews lately. This cruise on board the Fantasy is actually going to be cheaper. If I can get an even better rate on board next month ... !

Any other tips about who/what/how I should ask would be appreciated.

Deposit is refundable, unless its a suite or the first trips of Fantasy, so its win win, you have booked, so go to the reservations desk on-board and ask them to re shop it on the current price and also the 10% discount, if prices haven't increased, you cancel the current reservation and re book, if the prices have gone up and the 10% discount on-board doesnt cover it, (or your cruise is sold out), then keep it as it is.

Also as time goes on the preferred requests such as main dinner seating etc will fill up. So booking asap, is always the best option,

Put in requests for ''table size' ie I ask for a table top for four people for my family only, and I request a rotation of restaurants normally to get the formal restaurant like 'Lumiere's'' on formal night, and Parrot Cay on Pirates night. But do not worry too much on that.

Fantasy prices will go up and up and up, Dream has been selling very well and has had nearly 100% capacity, and thats one and a half times the Wonders size which was on the same route last year. However with the Magic in the Med, that always reduces capacity in the Caribbean, so next year with four ships and all in the USA, I suspect the older ships will have discounts and will find it very hard to keep up their sales.

I booked the Fantasy last year!! and got a phenomenal price. I am waiting for the 2013 prices to come out to book asap.

I also got the Dream at a fantastic price.

My motto, book as early as possible, you got nothing to lose.

There is nothing to lose. If the posted price doesn't change between now and your 1st cruise, just ask them to cancel and rebook the same cruise cabin at the 10% discounted price, and if you want to also ask them to credit the 10% deposit difference, AND you'll get additional OBCs. Worst case is the posted price does increase but you've got the booking already (which is fully refundable before final payment) and it is within your total control of whether it is still worthwhile to take the 10% off the higher posted price or keep the existing one.

Archived