Need Help Today! Which cabin to choose? Hold expires this afternoon!

AAAMom

Hi all,

I have the choice of two cabins on the Jewel for April 2006. There are three of us, 2 adults, 1 child (will be 12). The two cabins are:

Category E1 # 8586 $204 total increase over original cost

Present offering E3 # 7090 $124 total increase over orginal cost

The difference in cost is not an issue. Both are mid-ship. Cabin 8586 looks like it is on the hump. Just a little background, my husband and I are prone to motion sickness (I'm worse). However, we both take Bonine and it works.

Thanks!

If it were me I would take 8586 (I am booked in 9586 in Sept). We love being on the hump, as it is so centrally located on the ship. If you are prone to seasickness and are going to take Bonine, it shouldn't be a problem. My sister is prone, also booked on the hump area and she uses a patch and never had a problem. The cabin and balcony are a little bit larger that the one on deck 7 if that makes any difference to you.

I didn't see your post until today, so you've probably already made your decision. Either cabin looks good!!

In case you chose 8586, I can tell you that we really enjoyed it over Thanksgiving. DH and I cruised with our 15-year old son. We liked the oversized balcony. We also liked the location. The Explorer's Court is a small sitting area just around the corner. It is usually empty, so we used it as a "waiting area" while waiting for each other to get ready for Dinner, shows, etc.

The sofa is the size of a loveseat. We thought our son would sleep on that, but the one we had did not have a sofa-bed in it. Instead he used the pullman (?) bed that came down from the wall. That set-up worked fine. DH and DS are both giants (6' 6" & 6' 4"), and we did not feel cramped for space at all.

Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know. Happy Cruising!

AAAMom,

Sorry, I forgot one more thing. The motion sometimes gets to me too. This was the highest deck I've ever stayed on, but I can honestly say I didn't have any problems at all (on 8th level). We felt very little motion! When we did, I just stepped out on the balcony, and it didn't bother me. It also helped that we had perfect weather and calm seas the entire week we cruised! Hope this helps.

What made you channge from a JS aft to a GS hump?

Honestly, I was a bit un-nerved that the aft JS on the 7th would have a partially obstructed view with the poles and beams I saw in the pictures...I called RCI on a whim, just to see if maybe, just maybe......GS 1324 on the hump was available, and it was! I jumped all over it and now it's mine :rolleyes: I actually wanted a GS on my last cruise ( which was also my first) but didn't end up with one. I'm very happy with my choice this time :)

Archived