Allure-Cigar Smoking

Where can my husband enjoy his cigars during the day?? We have read that there is a place on deck 17 at night but he also likes to have one during the day on vacation. He is a very courteous cigar smoker and we are trying to find the best place.

From the RCCL website

"Pipe and cigar smoking is only permitted within the Cigar lounge. (If no Cigar lounge exists on a particular ship, there will be a designated area for pipe and cigar smoking)."

Another thread here someone posted

"No cigar lounge. In the evening they turn the Sun Suite Zone on deck seventeen forward into a cigar smoking area. "

• 2 weeks later...

This is the response I got from RCI when I inquired about a place for my wife to smoke her cigars:

"The Allure of the Seas offers cigar smoking at the outdoor bar on deck 17, forward on the ship. During the day, this area is reserved for our Suite Guests, beginning at 11:00 am. Non-suite guests can access the area during the day, only for the time they are smoking their cigar. The outdoor area opens every night from 7:00 pm to 1:00 am for all guests and cigars and beverages can be purchased at that time."

• 2 weeks later...

On Oasis my hubby went there during the day and had no problems at all. I would imagine Allure is the same. By the end of the week he knew the bartenders and deck staff life stories ;) As an FYI it does tend to get very windy up there at night, but if you go around to the area over looking the pools it seems to cut down on the wind.

I know this will just show my ignorance, but I'm really curious.

Why can't cigar smokers just hang out in the same areas as the cigarette smokers? Isn't all smoke just smoke? As long as it's kept separate from the non smoking areas, what's to complain about?

I know this will just show my ignorance, but I'm really curious.

Why can't cigar smokers just hang out in the same areas as the cigarette smokers? Isn't all smoke just smoke? As long as it's kept separate from the non smoking areas, what's to complain about?

I understand and agree with your logic but I think there's a perception that cigar/pipe smoke is more offensive.

There should be a cigar bar. If there was, no one who doesn't smoke cigars would not have any contact with the smoke. On my last cruise on the Celebrity in South America, the Hotel Director let us smoke in a club at night where people were allowed to smoke cigarets but not cigars. We were in a corner and didn't bother anyone.

There should be a cigar bar. If there was, no one who doesn't smoke cigars would not have any contact with the smoke. On my last cruise on the Celebrity in South America, the Hotel Director let us smoke in a club at night where people were allowed to smoke cigarets but not cigars. We were in a corner and didn't bother anyone.

I agree with you. But help me understand. Who exactly is objecting to the cigar smoke? Anyone who is bothered by smoke would most likely avoid the smoking areas anyway. Is it the cigarette smokers who don't want the cigar guys around? And how does RCI even know this? Did they take a poll or something?

Edited by BklynBorn47

• 3 years later...
I finally save up enough money to get a suite on Allure, only to find that the suite sun deck doubles as a cigar smoking area for everyone on the ship....thats a bright idea RCCL!:mad:

I'm not sure they do allow cigars there anymore, but when they did, it was only allowed later in the evening.