**OFFICIAL** Brand New Carnival BREEZE B2B 12/2/12 & 12/8/12 ** REDUCED DEPOSIT!!!

lovecruzing

Gwen

Eden Roc is a hotel in Miami Beach, I won it on a priceline bid a few years ago

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miasr-eden-roc-renaissance-miami-beach/

Oh Amtrak, that is a nice way to go.

We always go down a day or 2 before our cruises and I too won my Eden Roc stay on priceline. The first time my bid was accepted at $125 and the next time it was accepted at $100 so needless to say, I was quite happy with the price. After the first stay, I was keeping my fingers crossed that I would have won it second time around and was very happy when I did. The beach was right there and the view was beautiful. We went shopping in south beach at the Lincoln Mall and got some great deals there. We have not done the night life in Miami but it sure would be nice to do something to start off our cruise.

We always go down a day or 2 before our cruises and I too won my Eden Roc stay on priceline. The first time my bid was accepted at $125 and the next time it was accepted at $100 so needless to say, I was quite happy with the price. After the first stay, I was keeping my fingers crossed that I would have won it second time around and was very happy when I did. The beach was right there and the view was beautiful. We went shopping in south beach at the Lincoln Mall and got some great deals there. We have not done the night life in Miami but it sure would be nice to do something to start off our cruise.

Wow, ok 2 things:

First, that place is too rich for my blood:eek:, I am a budget cruiser. Second, I have never used Priceline, so I have no idea how that works. Hopefully some will walk me through the process when the time comes.

If I wasnt driving I would also try priceline. Those hotels in SB will charge $30+ a day for parking so thats not gonna work. It is nice just to walk around and check out some night spots, always something going on.

Wow, ok 2 things:

First, that place is too rich for my blood:eek:, I am a budget cruiser. Second, I have never used Priceline, so I have no idea how that works. Hopefully some will walk me through the process when the time comes.

Yeah, I wouldnt pay the full price, thats what makes priceline nice, you can get hotel at a fraction of the cost. The downside is you cant be sure which hotel you will end up with. As it gets closer we can walk you through, if you are still interested.

Yeah, I wouldnt pay the full price, thats what makes priceline nice, you can get hotel at a fraction of the cost. The downside is you cant be sure which hotel you will end up with. As it gets closer we can walk you through, if you are still interested.

Great, sounds like a plan!

Wow, ok 2 things:

Girl, it's because I am a budget cruiser that's why I do priceline lol. It took me a while but once you understand the bidding process, you can really get good deals.

I have to tell you guys a story, on our very first cruise, way back in 2002, it was my hubby, my best friend and her hubby, first cruise for all 4 of us. Well, not knowing any better, our flight was getting in around 10 p.m. so we just thought that oh well, lets just get something cheap for the night and ended up at the red roof inn in ft. lauderdale. I guess the name alone should have told us what we were getting. From that experience, never again will i do cheap hotels. I will also get like the first flight out so that we reach our destination early and we can really start to enjoy our vacation.

I too would be happy to walk you through it.

Girl, it's because I am a budget cruiser that's why I do priceline lol. It took me a while but once you understand the bidding process, you can really get good deals.

I have to tell you guys a story, on our very first cruise, way back in 2002, it was my hubby, my best friend and her hubby, first cruise for all 4 of us. Well, not knowing any better, our flight was getting in around 10 p.m. so we just thought that oh well, lets just get something cheap for the night and ended up at the red roof inn in ft. lauderdale. I guess the name alone should have told us what we were getting. From that experience, never again will i do cheap hotels. I will also get like the first flight out so that we reach our destination early and we can really start to enjoy our vacation.

Ha ha, I had a bad experience at a Red Roof Inn as well, it was awful. I mean it was so bad, that my daughter wanted to go sleep in the car! I agree, never again.

Actually, I was looking at the Holiday Inn near the port, but the reviews are either really awful, or not so bad. It is not cheap by any means, but I don't want to begin my trip with the heeby jeebies either.

Thats the bad thing about some of the cheaper hotels in South Florida, they get worn out fast and the owners dont seem to care, because they know they will get filled with all the cruisers and tourists. I love priceline and hotwire.

That is exactly what I am afraid of!

I did pay my deposit for the 8 Dec cruise, so I am finally official.

I can tell you one thing though, it took forever for me to get in touch with Johnna, and I do not like that. Although I do like the idea of paying the reduced deposit, I do not like the fact that I always have to leave a message for her, and then wait for her to call me back. I guess I am so used to calling Carnival directly that using a TA is something that I am going to have to get used to. I only hope that if I have any questions, comments, or concerns that she will get back to me expeditiously.

Ok, enough complaining and back to planning:).

Good night, just got back and had my shower and the kids theirs and they are off to bed. Hopefully they will both sleep in in the morning and I can sleep in too. Did lots of walking today so my feet need a rest.

Gwen, unfortunately, sometimes it can be a bit difficult to get hold of Johna but what I do is email her my particulars and then leave her a voice mail with credit card info as I do not like to put credit card info in emails. I find that works best.

Just so you know, yes, it was hell not having internet access.

Good night, just got back and had my shower and the kids theirs and they are off to bed. Hopefully they will both sleep in in the morning and I can sleep in too. Did lots of walking today so my feet need a rest.

Gwen, unfortunately, sometimes it can be a bit difficult to get hold of Johna but what I do is email her my particulars and then leave her a voice mail with credit card info as I do not like to put credit card info in emails. I find that works best.

Just so you know, yes, it was hell not having internet access.

Hey Bev, I guess there is life out there after all! I guess will figure out how to deal with Johna. At least, I was able to get my payment to her.

Archived