Cruise out of Port Everglades

mstea

I like the Sleep Inn in Dania...it's halfway between the airport and the port, offers free shuttle service and a very nice breakfast, along with several restaurants and stores nearby.

I'll be staying there again when I cruise solo in December aboard the Navigator. I have no concerns at all about being "alone" while I'm there!

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn three times. First time there was not much around the area, but over the years things have grown up a bit. Atmosphere is good, rooms are clean (after you turn the lights out, they all look alike wherever you are ;)). Transportation from airport and next day to cruise port. Continental breakfast is filling enough to get to the ship and up to the lido deck for lunch. We used SAS transport on the one cruise out of Miami due to the fact that flights from Denver to Ft. Lauderdale are much cheaper for us. Saving the money for shipboard time makes more sense for us. Rates are good and service was more than adequate for us. Good luck and great cruise. :cool:

I stayed at the Comfort Inn on Sterling the last time I was in FLL - I just stayed overnite. The room was clean & the staff was quite pleasant. :) My TA recommended this motel; this is where she stays when she's there to pick up a cruise.

One of them even drove me to a Wallgreens that evening; I developed a munchie attack & I wanted some milk. When he picked up my luggage the next morning I was sure to give him a big tip:D.

Which hotel is better? Sleep Inn, Dania, or Comfort Inn On Stirling Rd.

Pre Cruise in Oct.

We are a Party of 8 50 year olds.

thanks.

We stayed at Sleep Inn last May and were very impressed. Restaurants, stores, etc, were just across the street. Airport and port shuttles were swift. Breakfast was fine. Will definitely stay there again!

The Comfort Inn either recently has, is currently, or soon will be supposedly getting a renovation to update it a bit. That from someone I talk with on another board who knows someone higher up in Choice Hotels. I'm not big on hotels where your room door is directly outside, which this hotel has. It is however very conveniently located to a large variety of shopping and restaurants. We stayed there 11 years ago, so I have nothing current to add about the place (other than we stayed there 11 years ago, and cruised several times from Port Everglades since LOL)

thanks.

Just wanting to see what everyone thought of the Sleep Inn.

Since There will be 8 of us., and I suggested it...

thanks..

Just need a place with Shuttle Airport,and Pier , Breakfast Included would be nice, and restaurants near by..

thanks

thanks.

Just wanting to see what everyone thought of the Sleep Inn.

Since There will be 8 of us., and I suggested it...

thanks..

Just need a place with Shuttle Airport,and Pier , Breakfast Included would be nice, and restaurants near by..

thanks

I do not know if you remember me but we sailed together a few years back. We stayed at the Sleep Inn last Nov. post cruise There is a big Walgreens to the left of the Inn a big Supermarket and bank across the street. We ate at the Mexican restaurant the food was excellent and reasonable in the same plaza. I am not a big fan Mexican food, but theirs was good. For dinner went went to an Italian restaurant about three doors away from the Mexican restaurant. We enjoyed their breakfast in the morning before we left for home.

Carol

I just looked at your signature. It was the Brilliance where I met you. Your name is very memorable..

I do not know if you remember me but we sailed together a few years back. We stayed at the Sleep Inn last Nov. post cruise There is a big Walgreens to the left of the Inn a big Supermarket and bank across the street. We ate at the Mexican restaurant the food was excellent and reasonable in the same plaza. I am not a big fan Mexican food, but theirs was good. For dinner went went to an Italian restaurant about three doors away from the Mexican restaurant. We enjoyed their breakfast in the morning before we left for home.

Carol

I just looked at your signature. It was the Brilliance where I met you. Your name is very memorable..

O course I remember you !! wow.. long passing.

I also remember your name, so fun and different.

LOVED the Brilliance... We are again cruising with friends... 2 were with us on the Brilliance.. along with 4 others this time.

Going on Princess this time Emerald... have you tried them ?

thanks for contacting me..

Happy Cruising , Hopefully our Cruise paths will cross again..

O course I remember you !! wow.. long passing.

I also remember your name, so fun and different.

LOVED the Brilliance... We are again cruising with friends... 2 were with us on the Brilliance.. along with 4 others this time.

Going on Princess this time Emerald... have you tried them ?

thanks for contacting me..

Happy Cruising , Hopefully our Cruise paths will cross again..

We did the Emerald Princess this Spring. Very enjoyable and several new ports for us. We enjoyed the ship and had great service in the dining room and had a great steward.We would sail on the Emerald again.

Yes, that Brilliance cruise was one of our best.

Stay well till we cruise again.

Carol

Archived