Skyride to Paradise Point?

brianabrad

We have booked an excursion though the ship for the afternoon but are interested in getting off the ship and doing a little exploring ourselves in the morning.

Is the skyride (tram) to Paradise Point worth the $21 price tag? I understand the views are amazing. Anyone taken the tram? How much time should be allot to make sure we have enough time to explore?

It's a very beautiful view up there. There is a restaurant with yummy drinks called the Bushwacker. Everyone loves them and I'm no exception!

We did find that it was cheaper to buy the tram tickets on the cruise ship than at the gate. I'm not sure which line you are going on and what the price is, but worth checking in to. (Ours also offered our money back if we did not use the tickets and didn't have enough time to go).

They also have things going on up there...like a parrot show and stuff.

Here's a few pictures I took of the 4 cruise ships in port that day:

1017715128_E6MEZ-M.jpg

1017715143_u7fYQ-M.jpg

I was really upset because we had been snorkeling all day at Sapphire and by the time we got up to the top of Paradise (we went at the end of the day because it is right across from the dock) my battery died after only 2 pictures. :(

I'm not sure when you are in port, but we arrived at 8am and walked right across the street to the tram only to find out that they did not open up early (I think it was 9 or 10). We didn't want to waste any time, so decided to go ahead and go to the beach first and hit Paradise on the way back. :)

Here is a map of the area showing where the cruise ship docks (unless you are on one of the Mega ships like Oasis, which docked somewhere else) and where you walk to get on the tram:

http://www.virginislandsmap.com/stthomas/havensight/index.html

For some reason, it looks like they don't have an actual web site anymore. I'm not sure what happened. They had one last year that showed the activities, menus and tons of nice pictures. However, I've noticed that it no longer works (over the last several months).

Thanks for all the information.

I checked into the price of tickets through our cruise earlier because I also thought maybe they would be a little cheaper but no dice. They are $21 on the ship or at the gate.

Good to know about the time they open. We port with the Serenade at 8:30 I believe and we will probably be off the ship early to enjoy some time in St. Thomas before our shore excursion leaves later that day. I think our shore excursions leaves at 12:30.

I figure DH and I will just go with the flow that morning. I wish the tram wasn't so expensive if it was $10 or even $15 I would be all over it.

I've also noticed that their website does not appear to be working. I've tried several times over the last few weeks and it gives me a forbidden error.

Archived