2 Day Cruise to Nowhere questions....

Ave43

Hello fellow cruisers!

If anyone has been on one of Carnival's "2 days to nowhere" cruises, I need a few questions answered please.

1. Are either of the dinners considered an "elegant" night?

2. Do they offer shows each night?

3. Did you find the ship to be very crowded (we're going in October).

Thanks!

Ave

Quite a few years ago we sailed on the Pride on a 2 night cruise to Nassau. Don't remember if they had an elegant night or what the shows were like, I'm sure another cruiser will have an answer for you on these two topics. We also sailed in the fall and the ship was not crowded. Also, we sailed out of Miami and there were no porters to help you with your luggage, you could not check it in for delivery to your room...you had to drag your luggage through embarkation and debarkation. I know most people will not pack a lot of clothes for a 2 night cruise but I had a medium suitcase and a rolling carry-on with water and meds. If I had known prior to sail date that you would not be able to check your luggage, I would have packed everything in one suitcase.

Hello fellow cruisers!

If anyone has been on one of Carnival's "2 days to nowhere" cruises, I need a few questions answered please.

1. Are either of the dinners considered an "elegant" night?

2. Do they offer shows each night?

3. Did you find the ship to be very crowded (we're going in October).

Thanks!

Ave

We did the CTN in Oct 09 on The Miracle out of NYC and I went back and checked the capers(now called Fun Times).

#1. The second night was called casual Elegant night.

#2. There were shows both nights.

#3. Yes it was crowded, but we had a blast.:D

I know it was 2 years ago but I hope this helps.

My girlfriends and I do a CTN every year out of NYC. Been doing this for last 8 years. It has become our tradition. Most of the time they are in Oct and there also will be one next April 2012. We always dressed up for dinner, shows every night. Quest also one of the nights. Not any more crowded then usual but I would say it is definitely a drinking and gambling cruise. Also, weather in October can be very iffy...and sometimes rough. But, that's cruising. Go fo it!!! you will love it.

They are a blast. Some people do get dressed up on the second night especially if you take the trip our of New York. Not as much out of Norfolk.

I don't bring a cocktail dress anymore. I just bring a dress or a fancier pants outfit.

Yes, you do have to handle you own luggage so be prepared.

Archived