Where can we do a Pirate cruise ?

We are sailing on the Jewel next march, Eastern & Western Caribbean and our grown up kids are keen to do one of these Pirate Cruise trips (DH & I will take it easy on the beach thank you )

Can anyone give us some advice on where they can do them and where they can be booked.

I've looked RCL website for excursions and there doesn't seem to be any of them.There is 1 mentioned The Con Tiki Raft is this the same thing, or should we look for a Pirate cruise to book on our own.

Hope someone can point us in the right direction. TIA

St Lucia has one - great fun! You sail off to the beach and spend as few hours there and then hoist sail again and sail back. They had a treasure hunt for the kids on the beach too with maps etc. They let the kids raise the sails and stuff. It was fun.

I am just back from the Western Caribbean and happen to see a pirate cruise while we were tendered in Grand Cayman. It looked like a lot of fun and if I had known about it before hand I may have signed my boyfriend and I up. LOL. I don't have any contact information though. Have fun!

Thanks pjbrock, that sounds great ! our only problem is we dont do ST Lucia this trip.

Our kids ! are 22,26,28 and DSL 27. so they are rally hoping to do one of these trips, I think they fancy the idea of the rope swing and walking the gang plank, and perhaps the rum punch will feature somewhere there too.

Thanks anyways and for such a quick response too.

We did the "Jolly Roger" pirate tour while in Barbados. Pirate ship, gang plank, rope swing and a mock wedding. Oh and did I mention that the rum punch was very good and flowed like water? Be careful though, It was a BLAST but most definately not for children.

I would NOT do the Lord Sheffield... We had signed up fo it, put a deposit down and were really looking forward to doing it. The marina was convienent, but once there we had to seek out the ship on our own; no signs, directions, or anybody waiting for us. Then, as we were walking down the dock towards the ship, we were met by the "captain" who looked like he had one (dozen) too many the night before. His exact words were "Man... my boat's broke." Supposedly he sent us an email the day before the excursion (a whole lot of good that did on the cruise (and when we got home still had no email)), saying that the excursion was cancelled. He had no suggestions on other sailing cruises. We were not happy. And we never got our deposit back. Not to be completely negative, the ship was a very good looking boat and the excursion sounded like it was going to be a good time... In St. Maarten I would stick with the America's Cup sailing excursion...

If in Curacao try the Bounty ( http://www.bountyadventures.com ). That was a blast.

thanks 1steelersfan, this sounds just exactly what our kids are looking for, unfortunately we dont stop at Barbados either.

We do Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, San Juan, St Thomas, St Maarten,Antigua and Bahamas. Its a B2B in and out of Fort Lauderdale.

So I guess we are looking for a Jolly Roger type trip on any of these stops. I think they will be a bit wild for DH and I but I'm sure our kids! will love it.

Anyone done this type of trip on any of these islands or anyone done this Con Tiki raft thing that they can tell us about it.

TIA

I would NOT do the Lord Sheffield... We had signed up fo it, put a deposit down and were really looking forward to doing it. The marina was convienent, but once there we had to seek out the ship on our own; no signs, directions, or anybody waiting for us. Then, as we were walking down the dock towards the ship, we were met by the "captain" who looked like he had one (dozen) too many the night before. His exact words were "Man... my boat's broke." Supposedly he sent us an email the day before the excursion (a whole lot of good that did on the cruise (and when we got home still had no email)), saying that the excursion was cancelled. He had no suggestions on other sailing cruises. We were not happy. And we never got our deposit back. Not to be completely negative, the ship was a very good looking boat and the excursion sounded like it was going to be a good time... In St. Maarten I would stick with the America's Cup sailing excursion...

If in Curacao try the Bounty ( www.bountyadventures.com ). That was a blast.

Just wondering when you were suppose to do the Lord Sheffield? We are doing this in April and all we've heard are wonderful things about this excursion. Also, why did you have to put a deposit down? When we booked he e-mailed us a confirmation and said we pay when we get there. Just curious. Thanks for the info.

Good morning msjaxson.... thanks for the info, I am sure thats what they are looking for.! Can you give me any info on where to book this or was it through RCL.

If it is Antigua it would work out just great as DH wants to visit nelsons dockyard etc which the Kids ? certainly dont want to do, That way we could all be happy especially them after a small glass or two of punch lol.

Many thanks again. Once again these boards have proven to be an invaluable source of great info.

Hope you have a great trip on the mariner

Okay folks now you really have got my kids going, I can visualise it as i speak Jolly rodger in Antigya on the 15th and Con Tiki in St Thomas on the 16th this should be a real blast. I guess DH and I will keep out of their way for a couple of days and let them get on with the CHORE of having fun.

Thank you to everyone for their input!!

Just one more question is it cheaper to book the trips through RCL or can we do them on our own.

Have a great day everyone.

Its ONLY 347 days now till we sail sigh!!!!!!!!!

Okay folks now you really have got my kids going, I can visualise it as i speak Jolly rodger in Antigya on the 15th and Con Tiki in St Thomas on the 16th this should be a real blast. I guess DH and I will keep out of their way for a couple of days and let them get on with the CHORE of having fun.

Thank you to everyone for their input!!

Just one more question is it cheaper to book the trips through RCL or can we do them on our own.

Have a great day everyone.

Its ONLY 347 days now till we sail sigh!!!!!!!!!

One word of (potential) caution happycruzer. My experience is that the Jolly Roger is more of a "booze cruise" than a "pirate cruise" - and perhaps that is what you are looking for. I can remember back on my first cruise in 1996 watching people stumbling off the JR as they returned to the MOS. Afterwards, there were a group of high-school age boyfriends/girlfriends who decided to have a mooning contest on either side of the main pool deck. It was quite hilarious for my wife and I sitting on the top deck enjoying the entertainment.

They do have rope swings and gangplanks that you can use while they anchor in a bay. I suppose that is how it is classify this as a "pirate" cruise.

Hi msjaxson et al....

after your response today to my question I done a search and found the Jolly Roger ! their web site looked great and I decided to e.mil them for further info and prices etc.

I have just now recieved an e.mail from them saying " unfortunately we no longer have the Jolly Roger as she was wrecked in a freak storm on thurs 3rd February 2005 "

Sorry I dont know how to cut this from my e.mail to post here !

But thought I should pass on the info.They dont mention whether anyone was injured or anything... I do hope not..

Many thanks anyway folks for all your input, without being too mercinery

I guess it will be the Con Tiki for the kids.

Unfortunately there is no longer a Jolly Roger in Antigua. They ran it aground , Feb 3rd. :(

Sorry, didn't read the previous post.

It has disappeared from the RCI excursion site. They have a second ship that is out on location, but they won't commit to when it will be back.

Archived