Clothes questions for Alaska

vtsnew2cruisin

Was wondering what the weather was like if you just returned from Alaska? I am going on July 19th of out SF on the Sea princess, this is my first cruise. Did you wear mostly warm clothes like jeans, sweaters, jackets etc...Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No matter what time of year you cruise to Alaska, the best advice is to dress in layers, that way you can add or remove whatever it takes to be comfortable with the temperatures. And whatever you do, do not forget the rain gear/umbrella, as normally these will be needed quite a bit in Alaska. ;) Have a great first cruise.

Temps were in the mid 50's to low 60's when we were on our Alaskan cruise in June. It felt cooler when we were on the deck and the ship was moving due to the wind.

Bring layers so you can peel off layers or add layers as the weather varies. Bring a outer shell jacket that is water proof wind proof if you plan on spending much time out on deck.

My go to outfit in Alaska was jeans, turtleneck, and fleece pullover. My Uggs were also super comfy and warm. For excursions always made sure to bring along a rain poncho and wore comfy water resistant walking boots. Gloves, scarf and hat are also a good thing to have, especially for chilly glacier viewing days.

My go to outfit in Alaska was jeans, turtleneck, and fleece pullover. My Uggs were also super comfy and warm. For excursions always made sure to bring along a rain poncho and wore comfy water resistant walking boots. Gloves, scarf and hat are also a good thing to have, especially for chilly glacier viewing days.

Thank You all for the wonderful advice, I appreciate it!

But don't forget that inside the ship it's warm!! I wore sundresses, or capris and t's every day and night inside the ship, even though I'm the type of person that even takes a sweater to dinner during the summer normally. I felt terrible for the hubby at dinner and in shows because he was sweating and all he was wearing was jeans and a long sleeve button down shirt. When we were on excursions, any excursion that had to do with water such as kayaking or canoeing provided the proper rain gear. I was very thankful for my lined rain resistant coat and hood in Ketchikan and up on the decks or when standing outside on the White Pass train in Skagway. And I took a few pashminas for covering the camera in the rain or to use as a scarf on the deck while we were moving and it was windy. Also, we each had a tuke/beanie that we were thankful to have when on excursions outside.

Archived