Driving to Port of Miami / Hotel

cah14522

We are looking into cruising out of Miami next Spring, and we always drive to the port to save some money (since flights are so expensive for a family of five). What are some suggestions for a reasonably priced hotel for the night before the cruise - also preferably one with parking for during the cruise and a free shuttle. I know, a lot to ask in Miami probably, but I thought I should check since if we need to park at the port for $200+ for the duration of the cruise, plus the cost of a hotel - that might make a difference in which cruise we decide to book.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have!

You should start by checking www.parksleepfly.com

As downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day for parking just about all of the Miami hotels offering these deals will be out near the MIA airport. If a shuttle is not offered both ways plan on paying just under $30 (including tip) for a cab to POM and/or back to your car.

Park/cruise hotels often mentioned on these boards include the MIA Embassy Suites and the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon.

One Miami budget option that includes a free shuttle to POM (you will need to cab back) is La Quinta East; the hotel gets mixed reviews but seems to be good enough for lots of cruisers.

Another option is to stay and park near FLL and then shuttle to/from POM wiht SAS (www.ridesas.com) for about $15 per person each way.

Good luck! :)

• 6 months later...
You should start by checking www.parksleepfly.com

As downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day for parking just about all of the Miami hotels offering these deals will be out near the MIA airport. If a shuttle is not offered both ways plan on paying just under $30 (including tip) for a cab to POM and/or back to your car.

Park/cruise hotels often mentioned on these boards include the MIA Embassy Suites and the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon.

One Miami budget option that includes a free shuttle to POM (you will need to cab back) is La Quinta East; the hotel gets mixed reviews but seems to be good enough for lots of cruisers.

Another option is to stay and park near FLL and then shuttle to/from POM wiht SAS (www.ridesas.com) for about $15 per person each way.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the suggestions - will check them out. We are cruising out of Miami this coming April, so need to figure out hotel / parking arrangements soon! Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I booked the Red Roof Inn on Last minute travel for $97.00. I will be there 3/22/13. Dont know about parking, but you can call/email and ask. They provide a free shuttle to the port at 1:00pm. (I called and asked)

Trip Advisor had great reviews about how clean and friendly everyone is.

Hope this gives you another option.

Archived