Tendering in Virgin Gorda...How do we get to the Baths from the pier?

lakim

We will be docking (actually tendering) in Virgin Gorda in November and want to go to the Baths. How far are they from the tender pier? (I assume it isn't walkable?) How much should a taxi cost? Are there other choices?

Thanks in advance.

You'll be dropped of at the ferry dock near the yacht harbor; its a old concrete dock where the ferry from Tortola comes in from so if you wanted to also go to Tortola from there you could. The Baths were about 5 minutes away by Taxi and it cost us $5 each way per person. We returned to the dock several hours before the ships departure and decided to walk over the hill to the northwest where we found this incredible resort Little Dix Bay. If you have the time its worth the 5 minute walk. There's a road that leads you right from the dock to the resort and its clearly marked.

You'll be dropped of at the ferry dock near the yacht harbor; its a old concrete dock where the ferry from Tortola comes in from so if you wanted to also go to Tortola from there you could. The Baths were about 5 minutes away by Taxi and it cost us $5 each way per person. We returned to the dock several hours before the ships departure and decided to walk over the hill to the northwest where we found this incredible resort Little Dix Bay. If you have the time its worth the 5 minute walk. There's a road that leads you right from the dock to the resort and its clearly marked.

Thanks! That's exactly the information I was looking for. :)

Can you tell me more about Little Dix Bay? What did you do there? Do you know if you need a pass to use their beach area? It looks gorgeous!

We will be there in November on the Oceania Regatta, which is a very small ship with only around 600 passengers. We will be stopping in Virgin Gorda for our first port, then three days later we will be stopping in Tortola. We plan to see the Baths while we are in Virgin Gorda, but that won't take all day so we are looking for afternoon ideas. We haven't figured out what do do in Tortola.

Little Dix Bay has a Polynesian style pavilion that over looks the beach and the reef so we first sat there and enjoyed a drink. After that we headed down to the beach and walked down to a little pier that was half way down cove. Their was another little beach-side bar located there so we sat down in the shade under the palm trees and enjoyed another cocktail and the beach as well. The cove is very picturesque; so bring your camera and some cash of course for drinks.

I don't think they care if you're not staying at the resort because it was just the two of us and we were told that all the beaches were open to the public. There were a few people at the resort but no crowds. I wouldn't think they would appreciate a large crowd from the cruise ship to show up without some forewarning; but with the two of us we felt very comfortable just walking into the resort.

Archived