Port Canaveral - Pride

I am looking at this port and excursions. Not sure that we want to do Kennedy Space Center this trip. We are defintely not intersted in driving over to Disney or Universal at those prices. The only excursion I see to Cocoa Beach is a surfing one at Ron Jon's and our entire party wouldn't surf, so not sure if we'd have to pay the whole thing or if we could pay an "observer" rate for some.

Anyway, are there shuttles from Carnival to get to Cocoa Beach? I don't see any listed on the excursions. Does that mean they don't offer it, it is sold out, or is it something to book on the ship?

How far it is to Cocoa Beach? Would a cab ride work or would be need to rent a car?

Thanks!

When we were on Pride in May, we bought a $10 shuttle ticket which allowed you to hop on and off the shuttle all day. It made only three stops.. Cocoa Beach, Walmart and Merritt Mall.. and of course returned to the port.

Our plan was to spend most of the day at the beach but due to the problem with the "love bugs" we found it really unpleasant. We left the beach and hopped on the shuttle and headed to Merritt Mall for a few hours before going back to the ship. (It stopp ed at Walmart before the mjall, and a lot of the ship's crew got off there). Unfortunately, the ship was invaded with these horrible little creatures that day too! :eek: From what I've heard, May is the worst month for them so you likely won't have that problem. :)

We spoke with a few couples who had ventured to Disneyworld and they said it just wasn't worth the drive since were only able to get on five rides or so.

Enjoy your cruise!

Forgot to say, one couple we spoke with said it was almost $20 cab fare to get to Cocoa Beach from the port so I think the shuttle might be your best option..

You can venture to Ron Jon (large surf shop) on you own and on to Coconuts on the Beach and Hang out. Look out as Ron Jon's is also a time share outlet.

We like to hang out at Grills at the Port. Fun place on the water. Check it out.

You can also go to the beach on your own as it is not far from Cocoa Beach.

We also stay at the Radisson at the Port. Wonderful Pool

http://www.radisson.com/cape-canaveral-hotel-fl-32920/flcocoa

http://coconutsonthebeach.com/

http://www.grillsseafood.com/

We've twice enjoyed the Port Canaveral stop !

For about $ 45 you can rent a decent car and drive within say a 30-50 mile range........Florida has ALOT of stuff and places to visit, and the stop gives you hours to find 'em !

You could catch a cab and go to Jetty Park and spend day on beach. Its only a couple of mile from pier. Love bugs are bad in May and

Sept. they do get thicker later in the month. Or possibly rent a car there are a lot of nice beaches south of Cocoa. Hope this helps you .:D:D:D

We took an Air boat and Alligator tour offered through CCL. It was a blast! It's the only ship sponsored tour we've ever taken. It was fairly cheap, maybe 45.00, and worth every penny.

That is what I would recommend, the air boat tour. If you want to rent a car, you can drive up to Daytona, about a one hour drive, and see the Daytona International Speedway. Just make sure you have enough time to get there and back. The car rental and entrance fee to Daytona USA would make this an expensive excursion though.

Anyway, are there shuttles from Carnival to get to Cocoa Beach? I don't see any listed on the excursions. Does that mean they don't offer it, it is sold out, or is it something to book on the ship?

They should have a Shopping/Beach thing that would take you into Cocoa Beach. But ... instead of paying the CCL excursion price, several companies run all-day-shuttle service. It wasn't much, I think $15 a person for the whole day. And you don't have to book ahead. When you come out of the terminal, go to your right. There are three of four companies with minibuses or vans waiting, as well as private taxis.

They should have a Shopping/Beach thing that would take you into Cocoa Beach. But ... instead of paying the CCL excursion price, several companies run all-day-shuttle service. It wasn't much, I think $15 a person for the whole day. And you don't have to book ahead. When you come out of the terminal, go to your right. There are three of four companies with minibuses or vans waiting, as well as private taxis.

They do! See my post above. It's $10 per person for the shuttle.. takes you to Cocoa Beach, Walmart & Merritt Mall--hop on and off all day long before returning to the terminal. :)

When I was on this sailing January 2010 we just took the shuttle that the ship had (15 bucks) and it went to a parking lot across from Ron Jon's all every every hour. We walked down to the beach ate lunch then went to the Tiki bar at the end of the pier and had many many drinks. Had a great bartender and had a BLAST!

We were there just two weeks ago and purchased the transportation through Carnival at the Shore Exc desk for $17pp. It provided us bus transportation to the beach (and Ron Jons is right there) and on to CoCo (oops spelling) village for shopping. The bus ran every 30 minutes. Worked for us,,,,,,,,,,,,,if only the weather had. It rained!!! Still ventured out.

Do you have children? My husband and I rented a car (along with our 6 and 11 year old). The rental place had a shuttle waiting at the pier. It was a 3 minute ride to their location. From there, we went to the Brevard Zoo (about 20 minutes away)! I highly recommend it. My children have been to Disney 6 times, and the Zoo was one of the highlights of our cruise!!! We also stopped at Melborne Beach and the Ron Jon Shop on the way back to return our car. We had a great time...it was great to get off the ship and be independent just for a little while! :)

We were on the January 2011 sailing. There was a FREE shuttle from the pier to Ron Jon's then walked the beach. We chipped a few buck into the tip jar for the driver. BTW, we didn't do any excursions on that cruise. Here is our illustrated write-up for the cruise....

http://pasqualehome.com/PrideJan2011/PrideJan2011.htm

We were on the January 2011 sailing. There was a FREE shuttle from the pier to Ron Jon's then walked the beach. We chipped a few buck into the tip jar for the driver. BTW, we didn't do any excursions on that cruise. Here is our illustrated write-up for the cruise....

http://pasqualehome.com/PrideJan2011/PrideJan2011.htm

Enjoyed your site!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Archived