Biodegradable sunscreen on snorkling excursions?

dettlja

Lodged in the back of my mind somewhere is the nagging thought that I need biodegradable sunscreen for some of the snorkling excursions, but I can't for the life of me remember where I read that or why.

Im doing the S. Caribbean on the Victory in 2 short weeks. Scuba diving in 3 ports and snorkling in 2. Does any one have any recent experience on this itinerary and know if I need to buy special sun screen or will my Costco size pack of Neutrogenia be ok?

Thanks!

Jaimee

biodregradable suntan lotion is very important in helping to maintain the reefs, sea life and the integrity of the water. You can find it in most health food stores as well as online. Just google it!

pat

Lodged in the back of my mind somewhere is the nagging thought that I need biodegradable sunscreen for some of the snorkling excursions, but I can't for the life of me remember where I read that or why.

Im doing the S. Caribbean on the Victory in 2 short weeks. Scuba diving in 3 ports and snorkling in 2. Does any one have any recent experience on this itinerary and know if I need to buy special sun screen or will my Costco size pack of Neutrogenia be ok?

Thanks!

Jaimee

I just ordered some Mexitan (well SPF 30) for our cruise. Read up on the ingredients of sunscreens before you buy, some have some strange chemicals in them. Caribbean Solutions is another one that has more "natural" ingredients like Mexitan.

biodregradable suntan lotion is very important in helping to maintain the reefs, sea life and the integrity of the water. You can find it in most health food stores as well as online. Just google it!

pat

You don't 'need' it, but it is certainly better for the marine life.

I coudnt agree more! Whether its required or not..just the right thing to do.

Archived