Epic - a few questions

Buster1330

Hi,

My husband and I are about to take our first cruise, Mediterranean on August 14. When we booked we received a credit to use on board, how do we know we actually recevive the credit, will we be able to see it on our NCL login page?

Also, how far in advance should you be on board before the ship departs?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

My husband and I are about to take our first cruise, Mediterranean on August 14. When we booked we received a credit to use on board, how do we know we actually recevive the credit, will we be able to see it on our NCL login page?

Also, how far in advance should you be on board before the ship departs?

Thanks for your help!

Buster did you book through a Travel Agent or through NCL?

In my experience you can see the OBC given to you by NCL on your Cruise Confirmation Invoice. That should have been e-mailed to you a couple days after you booked the cruise. If you are getting OBC from your travel agent, that should be seperately located in the travel docuumentation sent to you by your travel agent. I always print a copy of both and carry it with me on the ship so that I can prove it if necessary. It has never been necessary for me, but I have heard stories on CC so I am abundantly cautious.

I check to make sure the agent sees it when I am checking in or if not that someone at the guest services can tell me it has been applied to my account before we even leave the port so that I can get on the phone with NCL or the TA fro free if there is a problem....

As for how far in advance should you be on the ship? Officially it is one hour prior to sail. You would only do that in an absolute emergency or if you were completely insane. In fact anything under one hour you could be refused boarding. For an 8:00 pm sailing out of Puerto Rico I'm at the port at 11:00 am. Same for a 4:00 pm sailing out of NYC or a 5:00pm sailing out of Seattle.....I am always on the ship at about lunch time because I want to start my vacation ASAP!!!!!!

My OBC wasn't on my NCL login just on my TA invoice.

It appeared on my onboard account on day 2 of the cruise, I had checked with the reception desk and she said it was 2nd or 3rd day it was credited.

When you print your edocs out it will I've you a time for boarding, usually around 1PM for Barcelona but they start boarding an hour or so earlier!

Thanks for your help! I was just wondering if it's there was enough time to register onboard and then have a quick wander around the port in Barcelona before the ship leaves, but I don't think we'll take the chance. We had booked with a TA but she wasn't very sure that we would get the onboard credit as it was a last minute booking deal.

Thanks!

Thanks for your help! I was just wondering if it's there was enough time to register onboard and then have a quick wander around the port in Barcelona before the ship leaves, but I don't think we'll take the chance. We had booked with a TA but she wasn't very sure that we would get the onboard credit as it was a last minute booking deal.

Thanks!

That's odd. Sounds fishy to me on the part of the TA.

Thanks!

Well the compulsory muster drill was at 4:30pm so you need to be onboard before then!

Archived