Eagle Ray Divers or Aldora in Cozumel??

stingraynz

My DH dove with Aldora in May and said they were wonderful. He really enjoyed the larger steel tanks and said it made diving so much easier. We are going on another cruise in November and he plans on diving with them again. They were very quick with answering emails and any questions you might have.

• 2 weeks later...

All I can offer was that an Aldora DM this year (May) had an Octo with a 7 foot hose in case someone ran low on air. For those who don't think Steel 100's and 120's are a big deal, please do the math (I hope) you learned in your OW course. A Steel 100 or 120 to 3500 or 3600 verses an AL80 at 2900 or 3000psi. All else being equal, I will dive the steel every time.

Sounds like Edgar. He was my son and my DM, and he let a couple in the group 'share air' from his tank. Even so, he always had more air left than anyone at the end of the dive. Great guy, and a lot of fun.

Going back in January and hope to dive with Edgar again.

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter was O/W certified in Italy (where she was stationed in the Army) two years ago and has not dived since. She and her husband (also a diver) are going to Cozumel in October and have asked me to help them find the company most likely to be patient with her. Does Eagle Ray have the time to spend with someone who might be a little nervous? Or should she go with a smaller operation like Alison? She is planning to take a refresher course before then.