cruise weight increases

Just a thought now i am back at work (and weightwatchers!!) how much weight do you usually put on on your cruise (If any? ok joke) and how long does it usually take you to get it off again for the next cruise. Very pleased this time put on 3.5 lbs and this week after watching what I eat for the last 4 days it has come off again. This time we ate at the orion a la carte and although it is 5 courses you feel pleasantly full not bloated like I usually do after buffet. Hardly had any chips this time and lots of fresh veg yet still ate lots of puddings and had a fair amount of cocktails,malibu,baileys etc what has been your experience?

My BH are both 59 she is 8.5 stone I am 11.5 we never put on weight on a cruise (only done 4 one NCL 3 Thomson ) BH doed not drink the dreaded alchohol ,( apart fro the odd glass of wine);)

Me, full piano breakfasts every day, followed by lunch and eleventeen pints before dinner :eek: then dinner ! and.............some wine

see shows , go in Casinso etc few more drinks blah blah

never ever use the lifts ,anywhere (sorry for any people who do have an eed i.e disabled no disrespect) we run up and down like kids! always (well me ) up first light watching the next port of arrival 6-7 am

then back to Cabin to take my BH some orange juice

then breakfast .................:D

we are not exercise or gym people but just seem to run everywhere (while we can ) havin a good time !

Cannot wait for next one (Cruise not orange juice:))

(ps i was 17.5 Stone 12 years ago when I was driving as a rep . never again )

Rather work part time without the stress and save up for another Dream Cruise:)

Sales targets ? my next one is to go on Dream again........loved it

Anyway sorry for blatherin on and on .............

Hope you all have good cruises, and as the Comedian Dave Allen used to say may your God go with you :rolleyes:

Stevie

I usually put on about 6lb in a fortnight but it comes off again in a month or so

Current weight is 13-11 but 18 months ago it was 17-4 :eek:

I eat and drink what i want on a cruise and diet the rest of the time.

target for my September cruise is 13-7

Next january 13-0

etc

etc

I am aiming at the 11 stoneish mark

I usually put on half a stone over a two week cruise, but once I get home and start eating normally/sensibly again, and not drinking so much alcohol, it comes off again.

My friend recommends not weighing yourself too soon after returning from a fly-cruise as she reckons we retain fluid and therefore weigh more immediately after a flight...

Carol x

I dont put much on - couple of pounds mainly due to the consumption of cocktails which are full of sugar. The food is so varied its easy to stick to my eating plan (I do slimming world and have lost 50lb so far!!) and Im not the sort of person to pile loads of food on my plate just because its there and' free'! and I don't like to be too full - I only get what I know I can comfortably eat, and of course on Dream in April they had the daily sugar free dessert which was wonderful for me! also we do like to get off the ship and walk walk walk so that certainly helps me keep the gain to a minimum.

My other half however - he is a runner and runs 3 times a week (15 - 20 miles at a time) so on the cruise he can gain up to 7lb, a combination of not getting his usual level of exercise and the fact he eats 3 times as much food as I do and WILL pile ridiculous amounts on his plate and go back 2 and 3 times for more even when full LOL He in fact has some special 'cruise pants' that are slightly bigger than he normally wears that he takes on holidays LOL he is stick thin and can lose the gained weight in a couple of weeks once back to his running.

Archived