Sunset Beach Bar... closed???

Wayfairers

Stupid question lol. we will be there in september on the Dream. what is the best way to get to the sunset bar from ship???

Thanks for your help

Three ways. Take a taxi from the pier. Rent a car and drive. Take a bus from Back Street in Phillipsburg. I think the easiest way is to take a taxi.

Stupid question lol. we will be there in september on the Dream. what is the best way to get to the sunset bar from ship???

Thanks for your help

That wasn't a stupid question at all... it was going to be my next question! :)

How long does the taxi ride take from the cruise port to Sunset Bar? We are thinking of doing the America's Cup in the morning and will return around 1pm, the ship leaves at 5p so we would want to get back around 4p-4:30p.

How long does the taxi ride take from the cruise port to Sunset Bar? We are thinking of doing the America's Cup in the morning and will return around 1pm, the ship leaves at 5p so we would want to get back around 4p-4:30p.

I would have a cab arranged to meet you at the America's Cup dock when it is over.

I would feel rushed leaving for Maho at 1 and having to get back BEFORE 4:30. If the America's Cup marina is Bobby's or Great Bay and you leave there at 1 I would give 45 minutes to get to Maho. So if you get to Maho say at 1:45 I would not stay more than an hour if I had to be back at the pier before 4:30. I would think that you are going to be in a taxi for at least 1 and 1/2 hours for an hour visit.

That will not work.

gary

Thanks for the great info! Just what I was looking for!:)

Anyone know how far this is from the port? Do we shop first or visit the bar first? Also- how much is the taxi fare from Front Street area to the bar?

Previous posts on this thread talk about how much time is needed to visit the bar and I read elsewhere that it is better to arrive after noon because there aren't many planes before that time. Have fun!!

Archived