NCL Spirit #10678

DCP

Just got our room assignment, checked the layout, and noticed we're really close to the *kids* area of the ship. I am on the cruise to get away from kids. Will we be hearing them the whole time we're in our room? Not bummed out yet, but hoping that we aren't going to be disappointed having to deal with other folks children, being on the same floor as the their play area.

That's not really close. We've been on the Spirit several time now and going again this winter. The kid's pool/play area is not crazy busy at any time and certainly slows down in the afternoon. I would be more worried if I were below it and your not. I've been almost directly below and it wasn't an issue, so I'm sure you'll be fine. I assume you got this because of a GTY, if so, to change would cost you. I would not worry.

We have 10676 as a gty in October and I was worried about the same thing. I posted the question on the NCL board and several people responded. All answers indicated it wouldn't be a problem. Most said it was actually a desired location and never heard kids at all especially that time of year. Check out the NCL site and do a search for the comments. I think you'll be encouraged by the input.

Thanks for the input! I feel a lot better about it now. I didn't think of searching the NCL boards, duh! Looking forward to the cruise, it is our first time!

Archived