Which cruise line for family with teens?

sonia1309

We went on a med cruise with ocean village a couple of years a go and absolutely loved it. We would love to do an eastern med/adriatic cruise and if ocean village were still here wouldn't hesitate to go with them again. Who is the best relaxed cruise line these days? We have kids who will be 18 & 14.

Our kids are 17 and 13, and we have sailed with Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian Cruise Line, Princess, Celebrity, Holland America, and Disney Cruise Line. When the kids were under the age of 8, we selected Disney for them, but on all the other trips we selected the cruise ship for its itinerary. We thought that the itinerary was especially important in the Baltics and in the Med, where the specific ports and port times differed quite a bit between cruises. We have not found that any of the above-referenced cruise lines was any better or worse for our kids when they were older than about 8 years old. They have made friends and enyoyed activities on all the ships. We do always sail at times of school holiday, though, when the ship's population of age 18 and under is likely to be highest.

I don't know about European cruises but 18 makes them an adult and can no longer go to the teen's club.

Every mainstream line I've been on with larger ships have had good kids activity for everyone 17 and under. I've always picked the ship for the ports.

18 is a difficult age, not old enough to be a drinker in many places but too old to be a kid :mad:

We went on a med cruise with ocean village a couple of years a go and absolutely loved it. We would love to do an eastern med/adriatic cruise and if ocean village were still here wouldn't hesitate to go with them again. Who is the best relaxed cruise line these days? We have kids who will be 18 & 14.

For teens, you really can't go wrong on a Royal Caribbean cruise. If you go at times when kids are on holidays, your kids will have a blast. I'm 22 now but when I was 18, I probably enjoyed RCCl and Carnival the most. Even if your between 18-20 (older than a "teen" and younger than a legal adult) I found that they had meet and greets for people that age. You just need to look at the cruise program to see when they have the meetings.

I still go to those meetings cause to be honest, partying with someone 20 is better than partying with someone 30.

We had been looking at Thomson cruises since they do the area we want to go to, but I've been told they are like "Butlins on Sea"...the Brits will know what I'm talking about! Ocean Village was just perfect for us and I'd like the same standard or better without being stuffy! We want to do Eastern Europe including Dubrovnik...so if anyone can recommend a suitable cruise please do :)

Archived