Cabin ready?

As mentioned, on RCI it would appear that the entrances to the corridors to the cabins are closed to the public until around 1 pm on all ships (well all those we've sailed on since 2006, Freedom, Liberty and Adventure)

This is not correct. It's much later. 1pm or 2pm usually.

You need to try Princess. Cabins are usualy ready on embark, even before lunch. Very nice to drop off those carry-ons before heading to the dining room for lunch (yes, the dining room).

You need to try Princess. Cabins are usualy ready on embark, even before lunch. Very nice to drop off those carry-ons before heading to the dining room for lunch (yes, the dining room).

Last time I checked, the OP asked when the cabins were open on an RCI ship not a Princess ship. Thanks for the input. I'll be sure to book a Princess cruise because I am able to get in the cabin early.

Depends on cruise line .Usually by 11.00 am as stewards have to have them ready before lunch as they are expected to welcome the passengers after lunch.

Well Dawn, I would not have bothered correcting you, except you responded to the post above - "DEPENDS ON THE CRUISE LINE". Yes, think you should try Princess, or was that sarcasm?

I agree that depends on the line. Everyone here on the RCI board is saying 1pm or 2pm. So the statement saying 11am for RCI is completely false. The OP doesn't care what time other cruise lines let's passengers in their cabins. If she wanted to know about another line, she would have asked on another board.

Archived