Aft facing balcony cabin

lelie2

We were on Adonia a couple of weeks ago although not in an aft cabin.

The ship was the most stable we have ever been on with barely any movement when it was rough.

We also noticed that it was impossible to see the balconies on the aft cabins when you look over the stern from the top deck (The Conservatory).

Here is a posting I found on the Princess forum when I was deciding on a cabin on Adonia:

"We just got off the Royal Princess and were in cabin 7121. We love the aft balconies and this one is very nice. I think they have a bit more room than a side balcony. The railing on the balcony needs re-varnishing, but I think they just have problems keeping up with maintenance , especially since it recently returned from a season on the Amazon.

As with other balcony cabins, the shower ( and bathroom) is very small, but we managed for a 14 night cruise.

I would suggest that the deck 7 balconies are the best, since you have cabins above and below. If they are not available, I would choose deck 6 next, and then deck 8 last. We had an Owner's Suite on deck 8 aft on the Tahitian Princess (sister ship) and the crew would load the isce machines and push chairs around early in the morning above us (deck 9 aft has the buffet). It was a nusiance, but not unbearable. "

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

we're considering booking for 8th Nov, and have been offered the above. They are said to be "obstructed" but no-one can tell us how. Does anyone have this knowledge? We'd be very grateful!

cheers

Ray Atkinson

Hi

we're considering booking for 8th Nov, and have been offered the above. They are said to be "obstructed" but no-one can tell us how. Does anyone have this knowledge? We'd be very grateful!

cheers

Ray Atkinson

I only had a look into one of the aft facing cabins when I went on the Adonia ship's tour. I would imagine the restriction would refer to the fact that the balconies are of solid metal work rather than being a railing with glass underneath. However I can't rule out the fact that some may have other parts of the ship's bodywork obscuring part of the view.

These two cabins are not aft facing, they face the side. They have glass (plastic) fronts not metal. The obstruction is that they don't have a full view of the sea as the balcony partition slopes instead of being straight. Not really a problem just not as much sea as normal.

Hi Ray,

I have booked in to an aft cabin for my upcoming cruise, and have been informed that this is part obstructed.

After a good chat with P&O, I am not too upset by this as its only a partial obstruction, and by the ships structure. i.e only viewable from inside the cabin, when your outside on the balcony it wont make much odds.

I have been told that the benefits of the aft cabins far outweigh the negative obstruction, however I expect a lot of it is personal choice.

Thanks,

Ben

Archived