Tropical Storm Bret

RMM34667

Eeek, my brother and sister-in-law are on their first cruise to the bahamas right now. Hope they can somehow avoid this! I dont want them to have bad memories of their first cruise

They will not take the ship anywhere near danger.They will change what islands they will be visiting

It was raining heavy here in Fort Lauderdale area..was on phone with a friend who lives on the beach and she said they have huge black clouds

:eek::confused:

"Rain"? What is this rain thing you speak of???:p Can you send some of it over to Texas so we can see for ourselves what it is?:D

It might not even stay at Tropical Storm strenght long. Only effect could be some rough seas for anyone crusing along the east coast.

The cruise lines know what they're doing. It is just a reminder that it is that time of year!

It might not even stay at Tropical Storm strenght long. Only effect could be some rough seas for anyone crusing along the east coast.

The cruise lines know what they're doing. It is just a reminder that it is that time of year!

going in October ,maybe we will be re routed and get that nice little 20% off coupon for our next cruise;)

Here in alabama also..I NEED rain to cool things off a bit, A/C in our house went out Wend. and won't be fixed until tomorrow..:mad:

Bummer. Our pump went out in the swamp cooler a couple of weeks ago (yeah in the West we add humidity to our coolers). But that was a quick trip to the store, buy, and put in. We were back in business in under an hour. Stay cool however you can.

They will not take the ship anywhere near danger.They will change what islands they will be visiting

Not necessarily so. I was on the Miracle and we passed within 90 miles of Hurricane Katrina. The storm went a little further south than they expected, and the ship could not head any further south to avoid it because Cuba was in the way.

That said, I don't know that it really amounted to any danger. It was definitely a dark, windy, rainy, wavy, stormy, day, but I don't think it was ever dangerous. The outside decks were all closed though.

With the stabilizers, and due to the fact the waves were coming at the ship from the aft, it wasn't even rocking the ship too terribly badly.

Archived