Anyone just back from the Carnival Victory?

BenjiRodney

Other than St Thomas, were you able to use US Dollars in Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts or St Maarten? Just curious.

I cruised her last year and was able to use US dollars at every port.

We just got back yesterday and you could use cash or credit cards. Just be careful using credit cards as I heard some people were having issues with merchants charging their card multiple times and/or entering wrong amount to be charged. We used cashed and it worked out great.

Just another note on credit cards..you should call the cc company most of them charge a conversion rate from whatever the currency is on the islands to U.S. dollars and it can add up. I think only one or 2 companies do not charge. You can call ahead and ask your issuing bank.

I always plan out what my expenses will be for each port and bring enough cash for everything. I prefer not to take the chance of using a credit card in any foreign ports. Hard to believe it's already been over 2 months since our Victory cruise. This is a great itinerary and you will love the ports. Hope you have a great time.

Archived