Labadee question

We did the jetski excursion in 2001 and I still talk about it. We did the one where you had to have experience using a jetski to go on it. We had 5 jetskis, a father and daughter on one, DH and I on another and 3 singles. There was a lead guide and a trailer guide. We basically went flat out (very very fast) for the times when we needed to get to somewhere, but then they took us around and we saw the villages and the mangroves and we went over to a tiny island off the shore. At one point someone's jetski broke down, so, we were floating in the water in our lifejackets goofing around. It was beautiful! I took a cheap waterproof disposable camera with me and it was great. The pictures are beautiful. It was a good decision on our part because the day we were in Labadee it was cloudy. It was about $200 for the trip,but, it was worth it.

You cannot bring a camcorder on the trip. Trust me, you wouldn't want to. You go too fast and you need to be holding on. I believe that you can put them in the shack where you go to get your instructions on the jetski.

Have fun if you do go. It was a great experience for us.

nbean98

I just came back from a Holland American Eastern Caribbean cruise Saturday (3/19/05).

I did the jet skiing at their private island (Half Moon Cay). It was absolutely fantastic! There is a fairly large water tight front compartment on the jet skis so storing camera, etc. was not a problem.

Have fun and enjoy the speed!!!!!!

SailorGirl57

I also did the waverunner tour on Labadee and thought it was great. I originally signed up because my father-in-law wanted to go but afterwards I was very pleased I did. The guide was very knowledgable and informative and the rides between stops were fun. In my opinion, it is definately worth it!

We also went on the waverunner tour in Labadee. I rode with my DH and hung on for my dear life because I felt like I was going to fall off any second. We went about 40 mph. I've heard that it is better to get your own that way you will be the one in control. If I ever get the courage to do it again, I will ride by myself.

There is a cubby hole for your stuff where the instructors sign people up. I brought my underwater camera and got some really good shots when we stopped out on the water.

Archived