Renting Dress Shoes

habita

DH forgot his shoes to go with his tux on the Tahitian (Ocean) princess, he was able to rent a pair for the 2 formal nights and although I can't remember how much it was very inexpensive. It would be best to rent them ahead of time as there was only one pair left and luckily they were his size.

Terry

Forgot to pack my cufflinks and studs. Called the rental people and they delivered them to the cabin in minutes. The charge was nominal.

Happened once to my husband too, but they just loaned them to him with no charge.

DH 's dress shoes are heavy and bulky. Can I rent just the the shoes from Princess? How much ?

This thread brought back memories and made us, as a family, laugh.

My lovely Dad in Law's luggage went missing and he had to rent

His formal wear. So funny, he forgot that US and UK shoes sizes

Were different! After forcing his dress shoes on and walking around

The cabin like a geisha , we ( finally!) let him wear his own shoes to dinner.( they didn't have any larger ones). Soooo funny!

My DH just wears the black shoes (black loafers) with his tux that he takes to wear with his slacks. He does not bother with "formal wear" shoes. Nobody is going to look at his feet anyway and certainly not comment on his shoes. Keep it simple!!!!

cruiselineformal.com is the website for the company that handles rental attire for Princess (and other lines). I was thinking about trying to convince DH to leave his shoes at home and rent a pair next time around, but he's so picky I don't know if he'll go for it. If you decide to try it, it's probably best to make the arrangements ahead of time, just to be safe - but then again, I'm a little OCD. :o

My DH just wears the black shoes (black loafers) with his tux that he takes to wear with his slacks. He does not bother with "formal wear" shoes. Nobody is going to look at his feet anyway and certainly not comment on his shoes. Keep it simple!!!!

Agree, as we wear regular black shoes on formal evening. But to the point of who will be looking at your shoes, the only time I have noted a man's formal footwear was with a pair of black satin slippers with very ornate embroidery. As we understand, this is correct formal wearing apparel but personally, I'd rather not have anyone surveying my clumsy feet.

Archived