Increase in fees and taxes

While I was checking for price drops on my cruise the other day I noticed that the fees and taxes had increased by about $28 per person from when we booked 3 months ago. The cruise isn't until next October, but I am just wondering if we will have to pay that increase or are we locked in on those charges just as we are locked in on the price of our cabin.

Does anyone know?

The cruise line does reserve the right to pass on increased government taxes and fees to the consumer, even if a cruise is deposited or even fully paid. To see if it has been passed on, check your reservation online (if you do not have the reservation with a travel agent) and see if the price of the cruise has been adjusted. If you used a travel agent, they will have to check this for you.

I'm not sure. I booked a cruise in November 2010 for October 2011. The amount of gratuities has increased but since I pre-paid them when I booked, I don't have to pay the difference. I found this info on the Royal Caribbean website.

I'm not sure. I booked a cruise in November 2010 for October 2011. The amount of gratuities has increased but since I pre-paid them when I booked, I don't have to pay the difference. I found this info on the Royal Caribbean website.

Completely different issue. Taxes and gratuities are two seperate things.

Last time I spoke with an agent at RCI I was told that they will not pass the tax increase on to the consumer.

My brother & sister in law are booked on the Oasis in November and the taxes went down on their cruise. They were told that they will not get a price adjustment because that is what they booked at. If they wanted to save the $2 they could cancel and rebook.

So based on this I believe it works both ways- they won't change your total due if the taxes change (either up or down).

Archived