Somerset Long Bay Beach

susanrobert

Has anyone been to this beach recently? If so, how was it and was transportation readily available?

We went a few years back and it was really beautiful but has some broken bottles on the beach. We also had trouble getting transportation back to the Dockyard.

Thank you very much!!

I do not recall any recent posts providing a review of Somerset Long Bay Beach, so here is a Youtube video -

Here is a review be Bermuda Guide. info: http://bermuda-guide.info/attractions/beaches/somerset.long.bay/

From the video, it looks like Somerset Long Bay Park has a lawn like setting which would facilitate getting a wheelchair to the beach.

SLBB is not located directly on a bus route. The bus ride from the Dockyard (by either a route #7 or #8 bus) is about 3.3 miles plus about .3-.4 mile by shanks mare to the beach.

A taxi would take you right to the beach. My estimate for the fare is $13.00 for 1 to 4 passengers, weekday travel. For the return trip, you could ask the driver to return in x hours or have him send another taxi.

SBtS

SB+S

Thank you very much for your information. I think we'll give it a try. Last time we went we couldn't get a cab back and starting walking. A nice business owner took pity on us and called us a cab. It's a good idea to arrange a pick up time. I wish we had thought of that!!

If anyone else has any recent info, please share!!

Thanks,

Susan

Archived