New Year’s Cruise – Past Experience?

bjm1271

Hi Everyone.

Recently booked a HAL New Year's cruise (Caribbean) and am looking for some feedback from past New Year cruisers?

Is there a Big Party on board?

Different type of crowd then normal HAL cruises? This is my 1st HAL cruise.

Lots of kids? Teens?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

And if anyone is wondering why we switched lines......Well we gave up on Carnival after our last cruise (Glory).

We love the ships and crew but gave up on the crowds it attracted (not all but the majority). :(

Thanks Again!

Guest LoveMyBoxer

We did a XMas/New Year's cruise (14 days) about 3 years ago on the Noordam from NYC. It was the BEST cruise ever! There is a party going on in every bar/lounge on the ship. At midnight the ship's horn blows after the countdown. Champagne was flowing everywhere! There were mostly families on board, not too many children, but there were more children than normal on board. I wish they would bring the Noordam back to NY so that we could do it again, and again!

Have done several cruises over the Christmas New Year mainly from Asia and Australia. However, have to say wonderful . Christmas Santa came and then you see how many children are on board but no problem New Year great champs flow etc. and they really do a good job. Very Very festive. So enjoy it all Regards Irene and Stan.

We did that cruise out of NY 3 years ago aboard the Noordam. It was a Christmas - New Year Cruise. We had a wonderful time and as aposter above said the champagne was flowing freely and in all the bar's and lounges. Party, party.party-- non stop. a great time. I want to go again. Have a great cruise and then when you come back tell us all about it.

Helen

We sailed on the Zuiderdam over Christmas/New Years in '09. We had such a great time that we are now booking on Eurodam for this Christmas! As everyone posted, things were very festive and the bubbly was flowing -- so much that we never even opened the two bottles we brought from home!

I haven't done New Year's Eve on HAL, but I did it on another line and it was a truly enjoyable experience, especially because we left on the 31st and had a sea day on the New Year's Day, so the holiday didn't fall on a port day. Since we arrived a day earlier, we weren't exhausted like some might be on the embarkation day.

I think a cruise is a great way to celebrate as there's no need for a designated driver. :) And I think most lines are probably similar on this. On RCI, we had a special dinner menu with a commemorative menu, party favors (e.g., hats and noise makers), and free-flowing champagne. There were parties throughout the ship and in the atrium. At midnight, everyone cheered and the captain sounded the fog horn.

I also think New Years might be a "calmer" cruise compared to other holiday cruises where you might have more passengers onboard.

Archived