A Big Thank You

ganny3

Just back from about 3 1/2 weeks in Alaska and I want to say thank you to everyone on the board for helping me plan such a fanstastic trip. A special thank you to Yukon, PennyAgain, and Budget Queen for all your good tips and information.

Robbin it was great meeting you.

We did the RCI Cruise Tour #15 and it was a great group to tour with. Our guide Debbie was fantastic and we had a super nice group on our bus. I was a little worried before we left that it might involve a lot of waiting, but not so. I am amazed at how talented Alaska is at moving people and luggage. I'm glad I didn't have to move my suitcase around all the places we went.

We were a group of 4 ladies ages early 40's to late 60's. Two came home at the end of the first cruise and two of us stayed on to return from Vancouver to Seward. We had amazing weather. The first cruise was a little chilly and damp, but we were walking on glaciers and whitewater rafting so we had chosen cold excursions. Return trip was sunny and warm. We were so blessed with the weather.

Excursions were very good. We did the summit flight over Denali with AK2 Aviation and flying around the mountain was amazing. Pictures will never do it justice. We whitewater rafted with Explore Denali and they are the nicest group of people you will ever meet. I am a little mobility imparied and they were so helpful in being sure I enjoyed the excursion. We walked on the glacier with TEMSCO and again the nicest people I have ever met. So helpful and go out of their way to make sure you have a good excursion. We took the boat through Misty Fjords and back by float plane with ProMech. What a lovely excursion that was. We saw waterfalls and harbor seals. We used Chilkoot Charters and did the van up to Caracross and the train back. I had heard you might not get good narration on the return train trip but the guide on the train talked to us for the entrie trip, telling us exactly where we were and what we were seeing. I have to tell you that you are never too old for the zip ridder in ISP. What a fun 90 seconds that was. Salmonberry Tours took us from Seward to Anchorage at the end of the second cruise. They were fabulous. Our guide was a young lady who grew up in Alaska and was so full of knowledge and stories about the areas along the Seward Highway.

I have to say all of the people I met and interacted with in Alaska were so very nice. They are so proud of their state and want to share so much information. It was an amazing trip. I can't thank everyone enough for making it such a very special trip.

Barbara

Barbara, thanks for coming back and posting a big thanks to those who helped you so much. It sounds like you had a great time. I'm looking forward to my AK vacation and I too have been helped very much by these same people. Thanks again for posting. Pat

Archived