Question on Tipping Zipline Guides

AnnYM

For those of you who have gone on the zipline tours, how much (and how often) do you typically tip the guides? Is there one person that you give the money to, or tip individually, or is there a "tip jar" that you deposit the money into?

We are considering South Shore and VB's Mayan Jungle ziplines.

Thanks in advance! It will be our first cruise on the Legend.

At South Shore, 2 years ago, the zip guides hit you up for tips before you got back into the van to head back to the start. DW and I only had a couple of $ on us and we'd left our money with SIL back at the starting point. When I tried to give them $ later at the startign point around everyone else, they gave me that "confused/ what are you talking about look" like tips weren't acceptable openly or maybe they had to share. We gave each guide $5 total. At Clip N Zip last year, BIL and I carried $5 each with us and gave to guide at the end, which is back in port.

we did the Mayan zip line with VB. we had one guide for our group for the entire time we were there. There was 4 of us, we gave him 15 bucks. He never hit us up for $ at all...never even hinted around or seemed to be waiting for $...we actually had to find him before we left to give him a tip.

We went last week and had not budgeted for tips. There are so many to consider - the driver that takes you there, many guides that zip with you (there was a group of 6-8 guides), the little boy who helps with lockers and leads you to the bus, the guys that bring the monkeys out - and the list goes on.

The guides definitely asked for tips and even suggested $20 per person. (so our group of 4 would have tipped $80). They take pictures with your camera and tell you not to mention that when you get back - basically "we did you a favor, you should tip us well". There was some laughter when the guide suggested $20 per person - he wasn't kidding! We gave him $20 total (for a group of 4 and to be split among them all). We tipped our driver $10. I tipped the little boy $1 for assisting me with the locker.

Archived