lack of female staff on the dream

hi all you dreamers with all the excitement of our cruise and the coming home stuff keep forgetting to ask did any of you notice that most of the staff appear to be male on this ship. does anyone know why? The spirit had quite a few female staff members including cabin staff. Is this unique to the dream? No sexist remarks please about men being better than women

hi all you dreamers with all the excitement of our cruise and the coming home stuff keep forgetting to ask did any of you notice that most of the staff appear to be male on this ship. does anyone know why? The spirit had quite a few female staff members including cabin staff. Is this unique to the dream? No sexist remarks please about men being better than women

Didn´t notice that. We thought that there were more women waiters during the day on the deck( were there only late afternoon), and in the evenings they were in showrestaurants. Our cabin steward was also a woman. What we noticed was that there wasn´t service staff from eastern europe, like the Spirit has.

they all seemed to be male in the orion but there were some females in the ocean bar probably just felt like there were mostly men where we were and the fact that our cabin steward was male (Michael) same name as hubby. Staff mostly seemed to be phillipino think they picked the cream off the other ships for the dream one girl came from the destiny

On the Dream last year we had a wine waitress in the MDR, out cabin stewardess and lots of waiting staff. Dream is like Celebration and tends to use far eastern staff rather than eastern european. I think it is traditional for all restaurant waiting staff, including the buffet, to be male.

Staff mostly seemed to be phillipino think they picked the cream off the other ships for the dream

I noticed that. I imagine it was as a result of last years problems. We've always found the Phillipino's to be especially good.

I read somewhere how it worked on Celebration, and I presume Dream

Bar staff were Philipino, Hotel staff Indonesian, Restaurant Philipino, Crew Malaysian, Officers european, Entertainment team international, Security Nepal?

The idea is as each department is mostly one nationality it helps them gel together and feel happier. Apparently Thomson were the first company to try this?

Dream/Celebration have different crew agents than the other ships and a waitress on Celebration told me that they can build up a reputation with their agent but if they change agents they have to start again!

Archived