Parking near Los Angles Port

Tedebt

Does anyone know about where I can park near the Los Angles Port and how much it cost per day or week? I'll be catching the Sapphire Princess April 2012 and we wont have to catch a plane just driving from our house to the port so now I have to find parking for the 2 weeks we will be gone. :D

Does anyone know about where I can park near the Los Angles Port and how much it cost per day or week? I'll be catching the Sapphire Princess April 2012 and we wont have to catch a plane just driving from our house to the port so now I have to find parking for the 2 weeks we will be gone. :D
You can park right at the pier for $12/day.

Here's the link to the Port of Los Angeles World Cruise Center page:

http://www.portoflosangeles.org/facilities/world_cruise_center.asp

According to the website, it's $12/day maximum. There's also a link to the company which runs the parking facility:

http://www.cruisecenterparking.com/

This should get you started.

Oh yes, welcome to Cruise Critic!

As previously mentioned it is $12 per day. Don't know that you can get a car service any cheaper than that. It's so easy to be able to park the car and be at the cruise terminal in literally a couple of minutes. And then for disembarkation, if able, do self dis-embarkation and be off the ship and out of the parking long before all the crowds.

Thank you everyone for your help. We live about 80 miles away so it might be spendy to get a car service. Thanks for the links Shellbeachjim and the welcome. That is a great idea TM about the self disembarkation, I assume I can find out about that on the ship.

We live about 100 miles from the port. When we have a 2 week cruise, as we will in December, we like to go down the day before, stay at the Doubletree and leave our car parked there. They have a shuttle to take you to the pier and pick you up as well. Easy, efficient and we feel as if we have added a day to the vacation.

Kayla

It's a very safe lot. And easy to get to: when you get to the off-ramp on the Harbor Fwy, just stay in the center lane. When you get the light, drive across Harbor Blvd. and right into the entrance of the World Cruise Center. You'll go past a guard booth that will have a marque nearby listing the ships in port that day and which berth they're at. Just follow the arrow for your berth and drive up to it. Let off your passengers and luggage, and then drive down to the parking lot. You can either walk back up or jump on the shuttle that drives around.

We're considering staying by one of the two San Pedro hotels the night before our next cruise just to see what that's like (we're about an hour's drive away).

Personally, I wouldn't bother with self-disembarkation. That means taking care of ALL your luggage (which is an impossible task for my family). I would rather that passengers that really need to get to the airport in the morning get priority in getting off the ship. We would rather just wait our turn and by that time, most people will be off the ship anyway.

Princess will assign you a lounge to hang out in while you wait so you'll be comfy.

We live in SoCal too, and rarely pay for airport or cruise parking by getting creative. Here are a few things we've done:

- Colleague was moving locally, so we let them use the pickup the entire week but they had to take us to the aiport and pick us up.

- Parked at a friend's house in Palos Verdes and they took us to the port and picked us up.

- Parked free for 10 days at the local Amtrak station and took the train to a cruise in San Diego.

- Paid the friend of my son to take us to the airport. I'd rather donate to his college fund than the shuttle company.

Hope one of these ideas works for your situation.:)

We live about 100 miles from the port. When we have a 2 week cruise, as we will in December, we like to go down the day before, stay at the Doubletree and leave our car parked there. They have a shuttle to take you to the pier and pick you up as well. Easy, efficient and we feel as if we have added a day to the vacation.

Kayla

I absolutely agree with this, by the time you back out the cost of the parking for 2 weeks....the room is just about free.:)

I absolutely agree with this, by the time you back out the cost of the parking for 2 weeks....the room is just about free.:)

Thank you for confirming my thoughts. We are heading to Hawaii in Feb. 2012 for 14 days, the Doubletree is currently offering a prepaid rate of $139.00, so not only will we be staying for free, but saving money over the port parking.

Archived