NOLA Hotel Location Help

Normal 1

For the NOLA residents/experts... I have priority points I can use at Holiday Inns and am considering either the Metairie Holiday Inn or the Holiday Inn Express NO - East (fewer points required for these locations)..Looking for feedback as to safety, cleanliness, etc. of these 2 areas....

I don't mind driving to downtown on Saturday, parking and using trolleys, etc. while taking in the City.....We will use Port Parking for a quick get away after the cruise.

Appreciate any input provided.

The Holiday Inn in Metairie was a Quality Inn that they redid last year and reopened under the Holiday Inn brand. It is on Causeway Blvd. right next to I-10. Only bad thing is the road construction going on, but you should have no major problems at this interchange. You are only a few blocks from our largest shopping mall and many chain restaurants. Causeway is a business corridor. On the other side of the I-10 will be Veterans Highway which is the retail area.

Do NOT stay in New Orleans East. This area was severely affected by hurricane Katrina, but it was not the safest area before that.

There are no trolleys in New Orleans - only streetcars.

Thanks to you both. Metairie it is. And I'll be sure to ride the streetcar :D Okay, so now I have to ask..... If I go to the store do I push a buggy or a cart? :D!!!

Appreciate the insight!

A cart! :) And in New Orleans we "make groceries" instead of going grocery shopping. It actually comes from the French verb "faire" which is to make or do. And we do not have medians - the middle parts in between streets are called "neutral grounds" here. We could go on and on and on...

Have a great time.

Archived