Low Fat Desserts

rhelms

Does NCL offer any low fat dessert options (or desserts made to limit fat)? If there are particular dining venues that offer low fat desert options please share that information as well.

Thanks.

The biggest variety is at the buffet with sherbert, sugar free desserts, handmade crepes (in the evening) with an assortment of good-for-you (to not-so-good-for you) fillings. Of course fruit...

I don't usually order dessert, so I really can't say what might be offered in the restaurants that would fit your bill.

Oh, I do like a sampler they have in Cagney's...not low-fat, but it's literally three bites (an espresso brownie, cheesecake lollipop and something else) so is great for just a little something.

The biggest variety is at the buffet with sherbert, sugar free desserts, handmade crepes (in the evening) with an assortment of good-for-you (to not-so-good-for you) fillings. Of course fruit...

I don't usually order dessert, so I really can't say what might be offered in the restaurants that would fit your bill.

Oh, I do like a sampler they have in Cagney's...not low-fat, but it's literally three bites (an espresso brownie, cheesecake lollipop and something else) so is great for just a little something.

I think that you covered them all Cubechick!

To the OP:

I have been able to successfully cruise and follow a low fat plan. In May 2010 I made a decision to return to my healthy and fit self after juggling my doctoral studies, work, and family for the past 6 years. That meant that I was giving up all sweets. I was on the Pearl in August and I had a fruit platter when I ordered dessert in the restaurants. It was great and I really enjoyed this dessert more than I thought I would.

I am getting ready to go on the Gem in a few weeks. I still have not had any sweets for over 1 year. I am down 75 lbs am at my goal weight and have kept it off. I am running marathons and half-marathons ( I was never a runner at all) and I am in the best shape of my life. I will be having a delicious fruit platter when I feel the need to have dessert.:)

You should know already which type of desserts are likely to have fat in them...you can just skip them. The fruit plate in the restaurants is a great idea. Fruit from the salad bar at lunch in the buffet is good, too.

If the bakery tries to do anything to reduce calories, it would be substituting sweetener for sugar, but that obviously does nothing for fat. You will see some "sugar free" dessert from time to time, but they most likely have a full ration of fat in them.

Or...most of the fat-laden desserts are really not very good, so you could order one of them, take one bite and decide not to eat any more. Most of the baked desserts seem to look much better than they taste.... in my opinion and that of many CC posters.

In my opinion the desserts weren't really that good anyways so skipping them was no big deal.

Sometimes in the MDR one of the appetizers was fruit salad type offering and I would order that as a dessert.

Just the ice cream was my downfall.

We like the Jell-O in the buffet - with a smidgen of soft ice cream from the dispenser. It definitely is no-fat, but probably higher in sugar than we'd like. In the words of Captain Aubry, it's the better of two weevils.

Thanks for the input. Wish I could say that I didn't like desert! I used to always have several. But those days are over. Now it is fruit and angel food cake. So fruit tray it is (with maybe a bit or two from the DW's desert plate).

Congratulations on the weight loss jimswims. I hope you remain succesful at maintaining your target weight.

Thanks for the input. Wish I could say that I didn't like desert! I used to always have several. But those days are over. Now it is fruit and angel food cake. So fruit tray it is (with maybe a bit or two from the DW's desert plate).

Congratulations on the weight loss jimswims. I hope you remain succesful at maintaining your target weight.

Thank you :)! I wish you well with your plan for health! Enjoy your cruise.

Archived