Declining US dollar = price increases?

ONT-CA

While keeping an eye on a desired cruise scheduled for this fall as listed by an on line travel agent, we noted yesterday a jump in price of $100. To our surprise, this morning brought a further increase of $50. We are equating this with the corresponding decline in the US dollar against some of the world's currencies.

While keeping an eye on a desired cruise scheduled for this fall as listed by an on line travel agent, we noted yesterday a jump in price of $100. To our surprise, this morning brought a further increase of $50. We are equating this with the corresponding decline in the US dollar against some of the world's currencies.

It's possible that Princess has recalled discounted inventory from the TA if the cruise is popular. That has already happened to our 1/2013 49 day cruise around South America, it is totally waitlisted!

I've been monitoring the price of my cruise in both CDN and USD. The CDN price has been decreasing while the USD price has been increasing. I am considering switching to CDN now even though I usually (and continue to) book and pay in USD.

Archived