Questions on waitlisting for a cruise

chees

We are waitlisted for an Inside Passage Alaska cruise - 9/17 on Zuiderdam. I've never been waitlisted before (usually book a year+ out). My question is, since final payment is already due, is there any chance of actually getting on this cruise or not? I would expect that the cabins that are released when people do not make final payment have already been released. I also have no idea where we are on the waitlist, but they did take our deposit. :p

I really want this cruise on this date due to DH's work schedule. And it visits my favorite places--Inside Passage, Skagway, Glacier Bay.

Thoughts?

Tina

I noticed that the Statendam is leaving on 9/18 on an inside passage cruise. Have you considered changing the itinerary? It could be that the Ziederdam is booked solid with charter groups, most of the Alaska cruises seem to be side open including one that we will be on (a cruise tour) starting in Fairbanks on 9/7 with a southbound cruise starting on 9/11.

It could be that the Ziederdam is booked solid with charter groups

Just a note: there are not multiple charter groups on any cruise: when a group charters a ship they take over the whole ship for that cruise. There may be multiple groups on a regular cruise though.

Archived