Average Cost of "Extras"

Can anyone give me an idea of what some of the "extras" may cost? I am sailing on April 3 on the Rhapsody. I am curious what some of the spa charges may be, especially a massage and facials!!! Also, what are the average drink prices, and are there any alcoholic drink cards? Is there a site where I can view these items? I know RCI's website shows what options they provide, but they don't list any prices. Can anyone help??

Can anyone give me an idea of what some of the "extras" may cost? I am sailing on April 3 on the Rhapsody. I am curious what some of the spa charges may be, especially a massage and facials!!! Also, what are the average drink prices, and are there any alcoholic drink cards? Is there a site where I can view these items? I know RCI's website shows what options they provide, but they don't list any prices. Can anyone help??

I can't help you with spa prices, I didn't use any of the services.

As far as I know, there are no alcoholic drink cards, just soda cards. You can sign up for one when you board, the charge will appear on your seapass.

The average drink prices for frozen drinks was $6 or more, depending on the drink. Not sure about beer or wine, I didn't drink either.

I know you can buy a wine package that gives you a bottle each night for 7 nights, I think it's a good deal if you like wine with dinner!

Maybe someone else can add to this?

Z28,

Expect to pay a premium for spa services. $40-$50+ for a manicure, and close to $100 (more for stone massage or seaweed wrap) for a 60 minute massage treatment, + tip. Good news for you is that I've heard they even charge more on the Voyager class ships (I'll find out his weekend:D ). If you want multiple services, packages are available that can save some $$$.

My experience with the Steiner spa staff that RCI uses is that they provide quality services, but at a premium price. Also expect the staff to try to sell you products.

Other extras besides the alcohol include espresso drinks (only coffee is free) in the dining room and specialty cafes - $3.00, bottled water- $1.50, shore excursions - see my note below, photos $8.00, and tips.

As far as the shore excursions, do your homework and explore options other than those the cruise line offers. There are plenty of good independent operators available who provide quality trips at much lower prices. The CC boards for each destination provide a wealth of information.

Good luck - have a great cruise!!!!

Tips for saving a little money

If you like your drinks fruity and frozen (alcohol optional but no cheaper without it...) get the drink of the day. If you go to the right bar, it will be served in a NICE glass souvie glass (usually you can request and they'll give you one at most any bar on the ship...) The drink of the day runs a few dollars LESS than other fruity drinks.

As far as the spa goes, gather up some extra money, save like crazy and get a HUGE spa package... at home before you leave. While the spas are nice, I've been to much more comfortable, high class spas within an hour from my house at a fraction of the cost. You will also get a "hard sell" on their products at the conclusion of their services. Also, if you don't like being told all your skin woes, avoid the facial. Now, this is just from my experiences. Many people LOVE the spa. I'm kinda spoiled having world reknowned spas about an hour from my home, but great spas are everywhere. I don't think ANYONE can argue that spa cruise ship prices are pretty high.

There's no drink card on RCCL.

Hope this helps! Have a good time!

Archived