Almost sold out???

smurf1635

I was looking at the current prices for the November 23 sailing, LA to Hawaii on the Golden. The princess site shows "n/a" for all cabin types except obstructed view, could all other categories be sold out? Another travel site, shows prices for all types. I guess I should have looked at another site that would allow me to "choose a cabin" and see where that got me.

Also, several years ago, a few weeks before our Princess Cruise, we were called and offered to travel during a different sailing. We couldn't change our plans at that time, but for this cruise, I'd be willing to seriously consider it. Is there a list one can be added to for just that purpose?

As always, thanks so much for your time :)

There is another thread which discusses the rare use of the n/a status. Used to be it was just for a category not found on the ship; now it seems it may have something to do with the three day sale and marketing. It may or may not indicate sold out status.

Our next cruise was sold out in all the categories, which showed "waitlist" not N/A. It remained waitlisted until 75 days out, then miraculously :rolleyes: when final payment came due, cabins opened up.

Nothing surprising about cabins going from waitlisted to available after final payment. It happens all the time. Several things combine to change things on final payment day. Travel agencies turn back in their unsold cabins that they have had on reserve. In addition there are always a fair number of people who decide not to take the cruise and return their cabin in exchange for their deposit. These two factors, combined, result in the additional cabins that "suddenly" become available.

I was looking at the current prices for the November 23 sailing, LA to Hawaii on the Golden. The princess site shows "n/a" for all cabin types except obstructed view, could all other categories be sold out? Another travel site, shows prices for all types. I guess I should have looked at another site that would allow me to "choose a cabin" and see where that got me.

Also, several years ago, a few weeks before our Princess Cruise, we were called and offered to travel during a different sailing. We couldn't change our plans at that time, but for this cruise, I'd be willing to seriously consider it. Is there a list one can be added to for just that purpose?

Don't count on it! As other people have posted here, even if the ship is fully booked now, there will be cancellations (how many, I do not know) just before final payment (September 9, I believe).

We had booked our Hawaiian cruise way after final payment and there were only a couple of categories left. We booked a specific cabin but also waitlisted some other categories. Within days, cabins in some of these categories became available and we started getting calls and emails asking if we wanted to switch.

If you're interested in a sailing, you should probably go ahead and book it if you are okay with a category or cabin -- and waitlist any other categories you're interested in.

It also can depend upon where you're looking. If you are comparing the sites from different travel agencies, it could be that agency A has blocked cabin space in categories G, H, JJ and K whereas agency B has cabins blocked in categories GG, J, L and M. In that case you would be seeing different availability on the different sites.

Our next cruise was sold out in all the categories, which showed "waitlist" not N/A. It remained waitlisted until 75 days out, then miraculously :rolleyes: when final payment came due, cabins opened up.

We are currently awaiting three such miracles...

Archived