Kids menus and quality

The Dragon

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has copies of the current kids menu for the MDR?

I've done a search and I can only find one from 2004 which has references to Power Rangers so I'm guessing it has changed?:rolleyes:

I am also wondering about the quality of the items. Are the items the same quality as the adult menu i.e. Made from scratch on board or are we talking factory frozen nuggets etc? We're on the Grand at the weekend, would it be okay for me to ask for the kiddie menu, have a look and perhaps order something to try it out?!

We're considering booking with our friends with kids at a later date, hence the question

Any comments or experience appreciated

Thanks

Hannah

I don't have a copy but sometimes order the spaghetti and meatballs from the children's menu, pretty good! Feel free to do so on your cruise. Preparation and quality are the same as the regular menu. Also, the staff aims to please and will make whatever the children desire.

We were just on the Golden in early June. Our 9-year-old DS had the spaghetti and meatballs a couple of times and it was a huge pile. I didn't taste it, but it looked good. He also got one of the kid desserts which was called the Love Boat Volcano. It was a stainless steel bowl on a pedestal with about three scoops of chocolate ice cream, a sliced banana, some whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. It was enough for two people! His eyes got really big when the waiter put it down in front of him! I'm trying to remember what the other entrees were -- seems like there was a hamburger and chicken strips, but he never got those. One night, he got the fettucine alfredo from the regular menu and we asked for some grilled chicken to be put on it. Oh, the kids' menu also had a fruit salad on there, which he got once; it was a really nice bowl of various fruit - watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, strawberries.

Saw the chicken strips being served, they looked pretty decent but they were the standard frozen type from what I could tell. Kid seemed to like em. Also saw mac and cheese one day that looked so good I wanted to order it, kid did not seem as thrilled with that one (I suspect he wanted box style, this was the real stuff)

. He also got one of the kid desserts which was called the Love Boat Volcano. It was a stainless steel bowl on a pedestal with about three scoops of chocolate ice cream, a sliced banana, some whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. It was enough for two people!.

DH and I often get the Volcano and we don't even have kids!!!;):D

We've been on two princess med cruises with our 8 year old. The kids menus are good, but she often ordered from the regular menu. She loved their grilled chicken.

My daughter is a fruit and veggie lover too. After the first night, they brought her a plate of fresh fruit every night without asking, and always had some type of veggie with her main entree

The kids will find plenty to eat from their own menu and from the adult menu.

Just because there is a children's menu, doesn't mean that kids are obligated to order from it. They can order anything from the regular menu. It's a great opportunity to try new things!

My kids have only cruised once previously. My boys were 5 & 8 and loved being able to order from the "grown up" menu! The older one ate beef (steak, prime rib, etc) nearly every night, while the other mostly ate fish. They were in heaven, and still remember it. Finally, in 16 days (!) they will be going again, and now as teenagers they are really looking forward to being able to order anything and everything, and not have to worry about how much it costs! My daughter (who was only 2 on her first cruise and mostly ate from our plates) is looking forward to trying new things, yet being able to get something different if she doesn't like it. She's particularly looking forward to the fettucini alfredo that I've told her so much about!

Archived