Carnival Dive Company- Belize

lhargrove62

Carnival has signed a contract with a dive company in Belize again. Does anyone know who the dive company is? They used to use Hugh Parkeys. I don't know if Carnival signed a new contract with Hugh Parkeys or with a new dive shop. Thanks!!!

I don't know, but would love to hear from anyone who does!

The description on Carnival's site looks pretty much identical to the old description when they used High Parkey's, so I'm GUESSING that it's still with them. But, I could be wrong!

• 2 weeks later...

Still don't have an answer and would love to know!

As a side note, I just booked the diving shore excursion thru Carnival's website for our cruise in October. When I booked the dive w/out equipment, it gave me a message that there were only 8 spots left. Just for my own info, I when thru a fake booking of the dive with equipment and it gave me a message that there were 16 spots left.

This makes me think that they are running 2 different boats, depending on whether you need equipment or not???

I know in the past, with Hugh Parkey's, the boat always went to their diveshop to pick up equipment for those who needed it, then on to the dive site from there. I'm curious whether they've changed this schedule for those who bring their equipment with them.

Has anyone gone diving with ship's excursion since they started up again? Was it Hugh Parkey's and do they pick you up from boat? I'm very excited if this is the case, because I'm on Valor on August 21st trip. Also: anyone going to dive? I am going to book private trips with shops I've used before, if anyone's interested, let me know... or if you need another person for your group, again, just get in touch. I'm 47 year old woman and a good diver.

Hi, I'll keep it short and sweet...

Hugh Parkeys picked us AND Carnival Legends divers while we ( Carnival Dream and Legend) were anchored...NO PIERSIDE....

We met in ship first then went to our boat...

_ Once on boat we went to their dive shop to pick up tanks and such..that was a 20 minute ride.

- load and left their dive shop for our 2 tank dive (certified), they checked dive cards and we filled out medical paperwork.

First dive was split into 4 groups of 5-7 people with one DM/group. Multi level dive down to 70 feet or so no wetsuit just rash guard, they provided EVERYTHING if you needed it. Customer service was very good, only Anthonys Key at Roatan was better..;)

not much current , good viz, saw good schools of fish, nice reef GREAT color. Did have small jellyfish issue small stings but a distraction..;) Dove at Turnaeffe Black Pearl site and went to Mid point site after break topside.

All in all it was a good safe dive and I would reccommend it, Roatan is better in my opinion though..

Jim

I'm curious, what did Carnival charge for the two-tank dive? I'm going back to Belize twice on a B2B in December and January. I was really happy with Seasports Belize but am always willing to try other options for variety, if the cost is comparable.

Archived