Ba block bookings

piscean

Hi

Does anyone know how allocated seats on block bookings with BA can be changed?

At present they are 'fixed' and cannot be altered under the 24 hour rule.

I have requested window seats with our travel company but these are not guaranteed and indeed seats cannot even be changed at the airport!

Help!

I use cruise air and the cruise line invariably uses BA on the flights to or from the Med ports, so far they have not block booked (despite there being anything around 300 pax for the flight joining or leaving the ship). I have been able to choose my own seat 24 hours out via the internet either from home or the ship online without any problem at all...by using the locator code for the flight & my surname

The only airline I have had difficulties in doing this was Iberia in 2005 but so far, BA, KLM, AF & Emirates have allowed seat choice with cruise air from 90 days out to 24 hours out (depending on airline).

Hi

Does anyone know how allocated seats on block bookings with BA can be changed?

At present they are 'fixed' and cannot be altered under the 24 hour rule.

I have requested window seats with our travel company but these are not guaranteed and indeed seats cannot even be changed at the airport!

Help!

Are you sure the seats have been fixed ?

Normally...(well I know with RCCL)...when there is a Block booking...the actual seats are not fixed and you are able to select/change your seat at the airport when checking in.

That is what we were able to do when we were in a block booking.

Best bet would be to contact the TA (if you booked via one) or the cruise line (if booked direct) and request the flight locator code/flight reservation number, it is usually a mix of letters & numbers.

Then go to the BA website and click on 'Manage My Booking', enter the code and your surname, that should bring up the booking in full...ie...flight times etc. BA will allow early seat choice at £12 per person IIRC, but otherwise you can use that same manage my booking to check in at 24 hours ahead of the flight time and choose your seats then or at the airport.

Another website that you can see your flight details is Amadeus, BA do utilise this system..

https://www.checkmytrip.com/cmt/apf/cmtng/index?LANGUAGE=GB&SITE=NCMTNCMT

If by chance you are no able to use either the BA or Amadeus websites with your code, then you will need to hot foot it to the airport early to grab the chosen seats that you want by using the remote check-in kiosks that are in every airport, you can use those from around 5-10 hours prior to normal check in times.

However, once you get your code, you should be OK....there are always the odd few that won't be, but generally you should be able to see your seats and change them either by paying the fee or on early check-in.

Thanks all for infomation. However I have spoken with both my TA and emailed BA without any joy, so far!

Indeed travelling with Azamara last year we had the same problem and people were seated all over the place! We couldn't change the allocation at the airport either......... Hence I am trying to get it resolved now.

I have previously flown BA with the 24 hour seat change but this system is block booking and doesn't allow for change. I have requested window seats but there is no guarantee.

Still hopeful.......................and trying...........

Archived