Gills cruises - will flights be honoured as well as cruise?

sunny seas

Just 4 days before we knew that Gills cruises were in trouble I paid my final balance for a Celebrity fly cruise. I received an automated email from Celebrity assuring me that the cruise will be safe and they would be in touch later as they were dealing with cruises in month order.

I am concerned about the issue of the flights, not sure if they will be honoured as well by Celebrity. When I paid the balance the adviser at Gills provided flight times and airline information so I would hope they are booked for us.

Interestingly on my bank statement the payment is stated as paid to Celebrity not Gills as it was in the past.

I would be grateful for any info while I wait for Clebrity Cruises to get back to me.

Sunny seas

General rule of thumb if you have booked a fly cruise package with a cruise line (ie the cruise line are providing the air segment), it is the cruise line that organises your flights and not the TA.

The TA is only involved in flight bookings if the flights are independent of the cruise, ie booked as a seperate entity from the cruise.

So your flights should be fine if you booked Celebrity cruise air as a part of the overall holiday package.

Thank you very much for the replies, as you said Goldryder it was booked as a fly/cruise package not seperately so should be ok.

Gills were ATOL covered but would not want to claim money back and then have to book flights. The holiday is not segmented cost wise with cruise and flights so hopefully all will be well. I will post when Celebrity cruises get back in touch

Cheers

Sunnyseas

Had an email from Gills Ctuises stating they are now WeCruises part of a big organisation of 'We' and P&P assc.

Visited Gills web site - looks the same except for the name.

How confident would any one be to book with them I wonder. They are not dealing with cruises booked previously with Gills and have handed those over to the cruise lines

Sunny seas

Archived