Aft Balconies on Norwegian Sky?

EdmondDantes

Was looking at trying out NCL for the 3 night trip on the Sky. DW & I love balconies & see that there are aft balconies on the Sky available on the Viking, Fjord & Norway decks. All the Fjord & Norway rooms are full, but all the Viking deck rooms are open. Is this because they are above the stage of the Stardust lounge & therefore will be very noisy?

There are some midship balconies available as well, so would probably grab one of those if the noise on the aft balconies will be too much.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

I don't know about the noise per se, but one other slight drawback to the lower floors on the Sky is that the aft of the ship is angled toward the top so that all of the upper balconies (and the Great Outdoors) look down into your balcony. I realized this when I was up bright and early the first morning, leaning on the railing of my balcony to take in the view and wearing something rather less substantial than I would have if I'd realized that there was a group of guys leaning against the railing of the Great Outdoors also enjoying the early morning scenery...lol:o.

That being said, an aft balcony on the Sky was our very first cruising experience and it was so awesome that we're hooked for life, not only on cruising, but specifically on aft balconies. Also, do not quote me on this, but from our perspective, it looked like the lower floor aft balconies may have been a smidge larger than the upper floors. I can't confirm that though, maybe someone else can.

Again, this was our first cruise, so I'll admit I was amazed by how tiny the bathroom was. We are average size people, more or less, and we both observed that for a larger person, it'd be a bit of a squeeze. I've not seen any of the other cabins on the Sky, so I assume that it's not just the afts that are that way. Our next cruise was an aft mini-suite on the Jewel, and that bathroom was much, much bigger and more comfortable.

ee

The Sky is one of my favorite ships and we were in cabin #9078-AFT. Loved it! The balcony's are a little bit bigger in AFT then on the sides of the ship. I wouldn't worry about the noise from the Stardust unless you plan on spending a lot of time in your cabin, and at night you will be hearing all the sounds from the shows that are being performed.

OceanDreams

@EdmondDantes -

We did our first cruise ever on the Sun in cabin 8278. The layout is identical to the Sky. We were indeed right above the theater, and yes, we could hear the drummer go through his/her practice runs in the afternoon., although it was very muffled. I was concerned, but we heard nothing in the evening.

Let me expand on what ecclectic-eccentric reported. When you stand at the rail and look to the sides, you will be able to see your neighbors - if they are also at the rail. Anybody looking down from the Great Outdoors or the cabin above you, will see your head and shoulders. That's it. Take a couple of steps toward your cabin door, and you become invisible to others. You have total privacy. Aft cabin is the only way we cruise. On the pic below, my DW is inside the line of sight and not visible to anybody.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311361309.843570.jpg.4938a8a4f68e12c8f44deff37d37f4f3.jpg

Archived