Lanyard preference

maggieworkman

I am wondering what type of lanyards do most people use? One that just has a clip and you can hang your card from (provided you have a hole punched in the card) or one that has a little pouch.

I can see the potential with one with a pouch as it can be used in port for small change, credit card, etc. And can hold your passport when arriving. But it seems a little bulky for the ship.

I have already purchased for us some of those round things you can clip on your belt loop that have a retractable string. My DH has one of these for his work ID. I thought this might be useful and less obtrusive.

Maggie

My DW like the hole punch with a detachable clip. Easier to slide in the door, or debark checkpoints. Can still be handed to bar service etc.

A pouch version (usually clear) would be handy to hold some cash etc - but I prefer not to advertise that when walking in port.

Now all we need, is someone to design a formal-wear laynard....every night for dinner, I ended up with her card in my pocket.....

We use one that we purchased @ a ski shop.....used by folks when they go to ski.

It is not big enough for a passport. It does had two zippered areas and one velcro pocket....which is clear...and which is where we put our sign/sail card.

Archived