Explosion in Downtown Oslo; at Least One Cruise Ship in Port at Time of Blast

LauraS

A photo taken shortly after the blast shows how close Orchestra was...the image is from various media outlets online...

Condolences go to the dozen or so's families who died and sympathies to those who suffered injuries...

article-2017709-0D1DFBA300000578-233_634x356.jpg.d27ccf74fac57c27212adf532b0fcb8c.jpg

Latest update is that at least 30 have died...including youngsters at the youth camp on the tiny island of Utoya after a man dressed as a police officer opened fire...he was detained at the scene....these wicked people who carried this attrocity out will be hunted down...they have to be....the Norwegian people are the most peaceloving in the world, they also have a deep relationship with the sea & especially cruising...thoughts & sympathy go out to every Norwegian whether at home or on the bridge of a cruise ship tonight, it will be hard for those captains, officers & crew to keep that smile on their faces as their homeland struggles to understand why this tragedy happened today...nothing can bring those lost back home to their loved ones and to the families of those injured...everyone is standing shoulder to shoulder with you all tonight...

my deepest sympathies to the people of oslo and norway ,i am sorry that the hand of international terror has now touched your country, as many other european countries have seen its evil cowardly actions ,i hope this is the only event you ever have to endure, i will be visiting you soon on monday in stavanger and hope to be in oslo soon on the ms ryndam i will still take my family to all the places i wanted to see , will use your metro and trams visit vigeland and the munch museum and national museum, i believe this is the best thing to do to show my support to the brave people of oslo at this time.

my deepest sympathies to the people of oslo and norway ,i am sorry that the hand of international terror has now touched your country, as many other european countries have seen its evil cowardly actions ,i hope this is the only event you ever have to endure, i will be visiting you soon on monday in stavanger and hope to be in oslo soon on the ms ryndam i will still take my family to all the places i wanted to see , will use your metro and trams visit vigeland and the munch museum and national museum, i believe this is the best thing to do to show my support to the brave people of oslo at this time.

Police has confirmed that the man they've apprehended is a Norwegian citizen.

In a way I'm relieved it's not international terror, but it's still horrifying. We now probably have our own Timothy McVey... :mad:

Archived