Just got off the Triumph 7-18 7-23

gregg204

I just returned home for my western caribbean triumph cruise. A detailed review to come later but for now a short one. Over all the triumph gets an "A" plus! We had a terrific time. Besides near record rainfall in New Orleans the morning of departure, weather was perfect for the rest of the cruise. Service was great and the food was very good except for the pizza(tasted different from last cruise). As for the subjects that always have issues, we were extremely lucky like the chair hogs...they were pretty much non existent. Maybe a few here and there. I am a non smoker and all I can say is that the smokers smoked where they were supposed to and that's it. There were quite a few kids on the ship and as for unsupervised rugrats...the kids were well behaived on this cruise. We did Mr Sanchos in Cozumel and loved it. Will go back there again. I did read a few negative reviews on the Triumph and I really don't know what these people are looking for. Sure the ship has aged and you do see areas here and there that need some work when she goes to dry dock in Sept, but as long as she floats and I get the service that I received this past week, I would recommend the Triumph to anyone.

Glad you had a great time. We loved Mr. Sanchos, too. I'm Looking forward to your full review- we will be on the Triumph in November out of Galveston.

Did you hear any rumors about what will be taking place during her dry dock? *fingers crossed* :rolleyes:

Having been on her in January, all she needs is a little TLC. New carpet, new wallpaper, and some cosmetic work on the cabins and she will be good as new.

About the only other thing that I think you'll see with her is the addition of a Serenity Deck area to bring her up to the standard with the rest of the fleet.

Having been on her in January, all she needs is a little TLC. New carpet, new wallpaper, and some cosmetic work on the cabins and she will be good as new.

About the only other thing that I think you'll see with her is the addition of a Serenity Deck area to bring her up to the standard with the rest of the fleet.

What's a Serenity Deck? I'll be on her in March 2012.

Thanks!

That's actually what I'm really hoping for. I just wish someone could confirm...

That's actually what I'm really hoping for. I just wish someone could confirm...

I have asked about a Serenity Area when she heads into dry dock. They're pretty tight lipped about changes on upcoming dry docks lately but I'd be quite surprised if something of that sort wasn't added...

:)

We were there, too - I though everything was amazing! The aft pool got a little crowded on sea days, but that is typical and understandable. The food was delicious, in the dining room and in the buffet. We went to le Saint Bonnet in Progreso and had the best day! We took the catamaran to Passion Island in Cozumel and had yet another wonderful day! I was so sad to leave - it was a great cruise! It was also our first balcony and I must say I am now spoiled to that experience! I am ready to book again - I loved the Triumph and didn't really notice anything cosmetically disappointing - :) We did self-assist and were on the road before 8 a.m.!

Archived