Bridge tours???

PDsandman01

I've heard a rumor and seen some pictures of guests being allowed to view the bridge. I was curious to know if anyone knows if there is any truth to it. I know there is a galley tour, but I wonder about the Bridge. Seems fishy. Where would one find information?:confused:

we were on the Inspiration at Christmas and had a bridge tour. I wrote a short note to the Captain and ask if my son could have one as he is an EE and would enjoy it. They contacted me scheduled a time that they would take us. He loved it! All it took was a note to the Captain!

Becky

we were on the Inspiration at Christmas and had a bridge tour. I wrote a short note to the Captain and ask if my son could have one as he is an EE and would enjoy it. They contacted me scheduled a time that they would take us. He loved it! All it took was a note to the Captain!

Becky

Quick question Becky. What is an EE??:confused: Thanks.

I wonder if EE means Electrical Engineer???

I'm also wondering if there was a way we could get a tour of the plumbing, water systems etc. of the ship and how to go about it?? My DH is a licensed Civil PE (professional Engineer) and would really love to see how all that stuff works. I know since 911 they have to be sooo careful about tours anymore.

• 3 years later...
We didnt even get a galley tour on the Miracle in February. Now i better check the capers tofind out if it was done and I just missed it.

The don't usually publish it in the Capers, but Platinum members are notified of the time/date.

Usually the last sea day about 10:30am.

Bridge tours are available, but are obviously limited and you need permission and an appointment, as mentioned.

I wrote a short note to the Captain and ask if my son could have one Becky

How do you get a note to the Captain? The only time I ever see him is at the Captain's Party and the debarkation talk where they introduce the employees.

Yes they do give bridge tours since 9-11. We sent a letter to the Captain asking permission and later in the week we received an invitation. We were joined by about 20 people. The invitation asked that we not tell others.

Did you send the letter on the cruise or before the cruise?

Yes please tell us how to get a letter to the captain!

And if anyone has any tips on how to get a tour of the plumbing, etc areas, I would surely appreciate them. My DH is a building inspector & would love to see all the inner workings.

Thanks!

Yes they do give bridge tours since 9-11. We sent a letter to the Captain asking permission and later in the week we received an invitation. We were joined by about 20 people. The invitation asked that we not tell others.

.....inquiring minds want to know?

:confused:

wasiii

Archived