pool questions for toddlers

cpbodnar

Just a few questions...I understand toddlers that are not potty trained are not allowed in the pools on NCL. How do they monitor this?

As well, would they object to you bringing a small blowup pool for the little people to splash in?

Are the pools heated?

Any other info on travelling with 21 month old and 4 year old on NCL star would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bring the small pool... fill it from the pool and let you child have fun. Whether they monitor it or not, it is a health issue(as if your child asan example just had a polio shot it is excreted in feces and someone not imune can get sick)....The 4 year old should love the children program...

The pool water is too cold for kids who do not know how to swim. Although the water is too cold to play in, my sister still let her kids play in them. She is a swimmer herself so she thinks her child can adapt to the unheated water. So it is the parents' decision whether the water is the right temperature for the child.

The blowup pool is a good idea. How can anyone tell whether a 3YO is potty-trained or not?! Just because he is not wearing a diaper does not mean he is completely toilet-trained--accidents can happen and do happen. So it is up to us parents to monitor our own children. If your child is not potty-trained even if he looks like a 5YO, don't let him into the pool. If we do our own job, we can keep the pool clean.

. If your child is not potty-trained even if he looks like a 5YO, don't let him into the pool. If we do our own job, we can keep the pool clean.

This is true..........if somebody has an "accident" in the pool, it will have to be drained and cleaned; leaving it unavailable for anyone to enjoy.

Regarding the blow up pool, there was a recent post about this (look further down) with tips about using one on the ship (where to fill, drain, etc.)

We are bringing a pool for our daughter on our next cruise in July. I'm actually delaying potty training because I think it will be easier to travel abroad with her if she is still in diapers and I don't need to worry about finding a bathroom in places like Rome, Monte Carlo and Pisa. :)

Anyway, we are bringing the pool and plan on setting it up on our balcony.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

There are some problems with bringing a pool for a child. On some ships, there is little deck space,so if a lot of parents are bringing pools, it's going to be tough because there's no space. Where will you dump the used water? You just can't dump it back in the pool and you shouldn't just dump dirty water on the deck.

Archived