FOD meetings on Holland?

wolfatlga

Greetings...

My partner and I have decided on the Eurodam sailing Dec. 3rd out of Fort Lauderdale.

We have sailed on Holland before as part of a gay group, so I don't remember if there were gay meetings listed on board in the daily schedule.

If anyone is going or knows about FOD meetings let me know....

Thanks..

Wolf

We took the Westerdam out of Athens last Oct. It was in the ships newsletter the 1st night, but not the 2nd. I asked the front desk why, & was told that it needed to be requested. I requested the notice be put in every days edition, and that got the reply "if there's room". needless to say, it made the paper about 1/2 of the time.

They are hit and miss. Often it takes someone to approach the Cruise Director and request it then it will happen. That was the case for us on the Eurodam last summer - though the Cruise Director was most obviously a 'team player.'

• 2 weeks later...

On my last HAL cruise which was on the Eurodam when it was new besides or instead of (can't remember now) the usual LGBT gatherings there was a luncheon in the mdr. They set aside 2 large round tables. I don't know if that is a regular practice but it's a nice thought for a sea day.

On my last HAL cruise which was on the Eurodam when it was new besides or instead of (can't remember now) the usual LGBT gatherings there was a luncheon in the mdr. They set aside 2 large round tables. I don't know if that is a regular practice but it's a nice thought for a sea day.

While HAL did that on one of my cruises, too, we found our second scheduled lunch had been abruptly moved from a table in the center of the MDR to one in a corner. One guy was told (allegedly, since I wasn't there) that the move was made because of a passenger complaint about the prominence of the previous table. Humph!

The Westerdam listed it in the paper as LGBT and there were about six couples that met in one of the bars. Half men and half women, we all decided to meet again the next night for drinks before dinner. We did this every night! This year we are cruising with one of the lesbian couples we met on that cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

I did 03 Hal cruises so far , one on the Eurodam and 02 on the Noordam , we always had a few LGTB meetings sheduled on each cruise , advertised in the daily progamm , have to say we did not need a LGTB meeting as they were a few gays on each cruise so for some reason we did find each other without the meetings . I do find Hal very gayfriendly and so are their crewmembers . Will sail with them again in November . Dirk

I did 03 Hal cruises so far , one on the Eurodam and 02 on the Noordam , we always had a few LGTB meetings sheduled on each cruise , advertised in the daily progamm , have to say we did not need a LGTB meeting as they were a few gays on each cruise so for some reason we did find each other without the meetings . I do find Hal very gayfriendly and so are their crewmembers . Will sail with them again in November . Dirk:):):)

Just back from 2 weeks on the Rotterdam doing a port intensive Baltic cruise. Two LGBT meetings advetised. One had 4 people (two of them were us) so we did not go to the second. But there were certainly quite a few gay people on board. They either did not look, did not know, or did not care.......

Archived